GDPR

KvanBeers
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Enable/disable HubSpot tracking based on External cookiebanner

Hi HubSpotters,

Hoping to gain some insights here. I'm stuck with the following situation:

Our client is using an external cookiebanner. That works fine for their external non-HubSpot pages. Once someone accept the cookies, HubSpot (and all other relevant cookies) start tracking.

However on the HubSpot hosted domains for landingpages / blogs etc... that isn't the case as the tracking code auto fires.

So my question is, can I in some way DISABLE HubSpot tracking on HubSpot hosted pages and only start the tracking once someone accepts cookies via an EXTERNAL Cookiebanner?

HubSpot support couldn't give me a definitive answer so I'm hoping we have some smart people around here. 😀

Maybe people who've been in a similar situation?

3 Réponses
bsanders3
Membre

Hi Kvan. Did you ever sort this? I am having the same issue. We use One Trust and it works for everything but Hubspot landing pages which fire cookies no matter what. With countries moving to explicit consent, I would have expected Hubspot to make this a priority for 3rd party banners.

Kevin-C
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions

Thanks @natsumimori 

Hey @KvanBeers 

Have you looked into disabling the tracking via hubspot, then enabling using the banner?

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
natsumimori
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Thank you for your post @KvanBeers .

I wanted to tag in our top contributors here-

@tjoyce and @Kevin-C , have you seen this use case or do you have some ideas for @KvanBeers ?

0 Votes