GDPR

PathV
メンバー

Email Tracking

解決

I am testing Hubspot Sales and wanted to make sure I understand this clearly. When and when not will an email be tracked if sent either in Outlook or the CRM.

Does a recipient have to have the auto download of images turned on or they have to do it manually for the email to be tracked by Hubspot?

Are there other factors that will prevent or block tracking?

Thanks

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email Tracking

解決

Hi @PathV Welcome ot the Community. If a message is sent from the CRM, it will be tracked; if sent from Outlook, the "Track" box must be checked. 

The tracking pixel is embedded in the email. If the recipient is not auto-downloading photos with their messages, the tracking will not fire. If they later download images, the tracking will fire then. Messages sent in plain text mode can not be tracked. Find out more about message tracking here.

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
7件の返信
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email Tracking

解決

Hi @PathV Welcome ot the Community. If a message is sent from the CRM, it will be tracked; if sent from Outlook, the "Track" box must be checked. 

The tracking pixel is embedded in the email. If the recipient is not auto-downloading photos with their messages, the tracking will not fire. If they later download images, the tracking will fire then. Messages sent in plain text mode can not be tracked. Find out more about message tracking here.

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 いいね!
sonnleithner
参加者

Email Tracking

解決

Is there a way to turn off tracking for emails composed within the CRM?

0 いいね!
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email Tracking

解決

Hi @sonnleithner . It is not possible to turn off tracking on messages sent from the CRM. 

Thank you. 

Ed Justen

0 いいね!
bergjs
メンバー

Email Tracking

解決

It is not possible to turn off tracking on messages sent from the CRM. 

@edjusten When tracking users without them knowing, isn't this violating the GDPR?

0 いいね!
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email Tracking

解決

@bergjs  New features are being released this week to address this. Moving forward, emails sent from the CRM will containg trackers, but if the contact has not consented, the trackers will be anonymized. 

Ed 

0 いいね!
Daren
参加者

Email Tracking

解決

Do you know if they would consider making a disable tracking button on the CRM?

0 いいね!
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email Tracking

解決

Hi @Daren  

You can add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment, but it is unlikely to be implemented as the whole purpose of the CRM is to provide better insight into your prospects activities. If you send the message from your email client, you can choose to log the email without tracking it.

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

0 いいね!