Dynamic Form Based on EU

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I've created EU versions of all my forms and I'm setting up my landing pages to show the EU form dynamically based on the country of the visitor. Unfortunately, that means manually typing the name of each EU country into the Smart Content field for "Which country?"

There has to be a better way!There has to be a better way!

Is there a better way to do all of this? I don't understand why Hubspot didn't make it easier to only show the GDPR-required consent stuff ONLY to those in the EU.

Or maybe there's a smarter way to do this that escapes me.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I agree. It seems strange that just because of the GDPR I have to show my cookie opt in/out to the whole world. A major benefit of HS is that we can track and offer a better service that way. Now we lose this options for most customers in the EU... OK. With GDPR there is no way around it! But there must be a way that we only display this within the EU without duplicating all our content under a different language slug. That seems counterproductive and stone age approach (to duplicate the website). Are there plans to create a better way to keep our businesses flexible and adjusted to local laws? It would be very much appreciated.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I want to pull my hair out at this forced change across all markets. This affects only EU member countries. Nothing else. The prospects report has now lost ALL of its value by removing what pages were viewed. Hubspot is now just a "dumb" CRM and email marketing tool. I'm disappointed. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Wow....  I never even thought of that.  What a great idea...  Now to just get HS to implement!!!

Scott

0 Upvotes