GDPR

LGressenbauer

Double opt-in email multi-lanuage support

SOLVE

As of now, one can only publish one double opt-in email. This makes it impossible to support multiple languages. This is a hard requirement and absolute necessity for any global company following the GDPR.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LGressenbauer,

This has been requested by many users before and is already in planning by the HubSpot product team: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Ability-to-configure-double-opt-in-email-settings-in-...

I'd recommend upvoting or commenting to stay in the loop.

As far as workarounds go, there is a hybrid solution that leverages the system settings and custom workflows for a multi-language double opt-in process. Essentially, the system double opt-in is enabled but suppressed while contact-based workflows send the different language versions. This is simplified and there are a few pitfalls but it works quite nicely and allows for switching back to the HubSpot default, once the product team releases the feature above.

If you don't want to wait for the product team and want to explore this hybrid solution, feel free to book a meeting through my signature. (I've set this up so many times that I stopped counting.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler I see the "in planning" post you are referring to is already 3 years in planning. How trustworthy is this even? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LGressenbauer,

This has been requested by many users before and is already in planning by the HubSpot product team: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Ability-to-configure-double-opt-in-email-settings-in-...

I'd recommend upvoting or commenting to stay in the loop.

As far as workarounds go, there is a hybrid solution that leverages the system settings and custom workflows for a multi-language double opt-in process. Essentially, the system double opt-in is enabled but suppressed while contact-based workflows send the different language versions. This is simplified and there are a few pitfalls but it works quite nicely and allows for switching back to the HubSpot default, once the product team releases the feature above.

If you don't want to wait for the product team and want to explore this hybrid solution, feel free to book a meeting through my signature. (I've set this up so many times that I stopped counting.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.