Double opt in and workflow campaign
01-25-2018 07:00 - edited 01-25-2018 07:01
Please can someone provide details on whether this is correct in terms of double opt in and marketing workflows.
An example of a double-opt in running its course:
- User fills out form on landing page
- User added to workflow, not sent marketing email (dropped)
- User receives an opt in email confirmation
- User clicks on opt in email link
- Email link opens generic confirmation page
- Sometime later (roughly 12 hours from experience) user receives thank you email with download link
- User continues through workflow as set up
Is there a way to make step 6 immediate after a user clicks the opt in email?
With the large delay for the user to receive the thank you email with the content, it means there's a large break in the user journey.
Also, am i right in saying that if the user never clicks the opt in email, they sit at the top of the workflow and don't move?
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.