GDPR

CCordell
Participant

Does Hubspot keep a record of contact deletion?

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am looking for a way to demonstrate that we are deleting contacts from our hubspot, to ensure compliance with GDPR. 

The main function of the recycle bin seems to be to enable a user to restore a contact. What I would like to be able to see is a record of how many contacts were deleted on a date, and which user deleted them.

Is this possible in Hubspot? 

Kind regards, 

Claire

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCordell,

In addition to the regular contact deletion, there is also a so-called GDPR delete in HubSpot.

In HubSpot, GDPR deletion includes a blocklist functionality, which means that once a contact is GDPR-deleted, you will not be able to add them back to your account in the future. This functionality is supported by anonymized data. You can learn more about this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-perform-a-gdpr-delete-in-hubspot

There is currently no way in HubSpot, to keep track of the amount of deleted contacts, this something you'd have to do outside of HubSpot. I would recommend double checking with your legal team whether that is actually required or whether a having a concept for deletion is sufficient ( = a documented proces based on the GDPR delete linked above).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Winqvist
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler good answer! Addtional to perform a GDPR delete you can show that HubSpot does not accept that the contact is created again with the same email address. We have added that to our internal processes. 

0 Upvotes
CCordell
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten! This is very helpful.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCordell,

In addition to the regular contact deletion, there is also a so-called GDPR delete in HubSpot.

In HubSpot, GDPR deletion includes a blocklist functionality, which means that once a contact is GDPR-deleted, you will not be able to add them back to your account in the future. This functionality is supported by anonymized data. You can learn more about this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-perform-a-gdpr-delete-in-hubspot

There is currently no way in HubSpot, to keep track of the amount of deleted contacts, this something you'd have to do outside of HubSpot. I would recommend double checking with your legal team whether that is actually required or whether a having a concept for deletion is sufficient ( = a documented proces based on the GDPR delete linked above).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.