GDPR

auderli-al
Membro

Does HubSpot's Cookie collect information in a way that identifies people

resolver

We are making some changes to our Cookie policy text and I noticed that we had written the following (as advised by our lawyers)

Cookie name: hubspotutk

Purpose (shortened): ...The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, i...

Is this statement correct? Having used HS it seems that once I have completed a form or registered through HS that when I visit a page HS identifies who I am through this cookie?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
MiaSrebrnjak
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @auderli-al,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

You could consider using the official definition of this cookie which you can find here:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12.17.19.png

The hubspotutk cookie is created by the tracking code on page load, but is only passed to HubSpot on form submission. The HubSpot analytics tool requires two pieces of data in order to identify unique records/contacts: the usertoken (stored in the visitors browser in the hubspotutk cookie) and their email address. In this sense, the above statement is correct - if one of the 2 pieces of data is missing, HubSpot is not able to identify the visitor. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @auderli-al,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

You could consider using the official definition of this cookie which you can find here:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12.17.19.png

The hubspotutk cookie is created by the tracking code on page load, but is only passed to HubSpot on form submission. The HubSpot analytics tool requires two pieces of data in order to identify unique records/contacts: the usertoken (stored in the visitors browser in the hubspotutk cookie) and their email address. In this sense, the above statement is correct - if one of the 2 pieces of data is missing, HubSpot is not able to identify the visitor. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings