GDPR

HenryH1
Participant

Deleting Unsubscribed Contact

SOLVE

Hi,

From our privacy officer I got the question; it is possible after 3 months when the customer was registred in Hubspot as a contact, to automaticly delete customer data without an opt-in.

Is this possible? And what if the customer in a later stage subscribed for a newsletter. Is the contact then receated as a contact.

Kind regards,
Henry

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HenryH1,

HubSpot does not have any native features for automated deletion (except for Operations Hub Professional custom code actions, see below). By default, HubSpot deletion concepts are usually based on an active list. Once a month, for example, a HubSpot user would manually delete the contacts on the list.

If you have Operations Hub Professional, you can use code to automatically delete contacts, see here: https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=archive-or-delete-contacts

There are two types of deletion in HubSpot: a regular delete and a GDPR delete. GDPR deletion includes a blocklist functionality, which means that once a contact is GDPR-deleted, you will not be able to add them back to your account in the future. This functionality is supported by anonymized data. If a GDPR-deleted contact chooses to fill out a form on your website, they will be added back to your account. The same goes for a regular delete.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HenryH1,

HubSpot does not have any native features for automated deletion (except for Operations Hub Professional custom code actions, see below). By default, HubSpot deletion concepts are usually based on an active list. Once a month, for example, a HubSpot user would manually delete the contacts on the list.

If you have Operations Hub Professional, you can use code to automatically delete contacts, see here: https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=archive-or-delete-contacts

There are two types of deletion in HubSpot: a regular delete and a GDPR delete. GDPR deletion includes a blocklist functionality, which means that once a contact is GDPR-deleted, you will not be able to add them back to your account in the future. This functionality is supported by anonymized data. If a GDPR-deleted contact chooses to fill out a form on your website, they will be added back to your account. The same goes for a regular delete.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
HenryH1
Participant

SOLVE

Thx for the quick reply Karsten. This is very helpfull! 🙂

0 Upvotes