Creating a contact property which can be filtered easily.

Kberlyc

Hi,

I'm creating a property to use on this form. (opens in new tab)

At the moment the only way I can see to create the "questions" for the form are to use the label entries when creating a contact property. However, when I go to filter the results afterwards, having such long labels makes things really difficult.

Is there a way to either 1. Write a long question without using the label? 2. Make the label appear differently on the external website page than it does internally so it can be filtered easily?

The question I'm having difficulty is the one right down the bottom which asks users to give us their consent to keep their information on file (new GDPR regs).

If someone can tell me a better way of doing this I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Kberlyc

When using a contact property in a form you can overwrite the label that you gave it in content settings - allowing you to have a short label for using internally, and a much longer label to the outsite world. 

Does that help achieve what you are after?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Kberlyc

Once you've changed the label name it will no longer allow you to search/filter under anything except for that label name though.

That is apart from the default Hubspot properties, which seem to maintain the same label internally never mind what you change it to externally.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Kberlyc

Hmm, that's not how it should work. I have a contact property called 'Marketing Automation' which I re-label as 'which marketing automation do you use?' - but I can still filter all results by the original label. 

Perhaps I could take a look at your portal for you and see what's going on?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Kberlyc

Thanks Phil and apologies for my late reply - I managed to get the issue resolved.

Kim

0 Upvotes