GDPR

Cookies Europe

SOLVE

I just updated the banner according to the new rules in Europe... But I see that the "X" is missing, wich is required by the law.

screenshot-www.metodo-ongaro.com-2022.02.15-14_43_28.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Cookies Europe

SOLVE

Hi @4984017,

There currently isn't any option in HubSpot that lets website visitors close the cookie banner by clicking an X.

If that's a requirement of yours, you would have to evaluate third-party solutions, e.g. Cookiebot by Usercentrics, and see if they can meet those requirements.

Additionally, you could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. (The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.)

However, I'm not aware of this specific requirement, see for example these Cookie Banner Guidelines for Each Global Privacy Regulation. Could you share the resource that triggered your question?

(This reply does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Winqvist
Contributor

Cookies Europe

SOLVE

Hello,

Are you sure you need to have a close (x) in your cookie banner by law? The important thing is that it should be easy for the user to accept or reject. The close (x) function would then be = reject all cookies? 

Mikael 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Cookies Europe

SOLVE

Hi @4984017,

There currently isn't any option in HubSpot that lets website visitors close the cookie banner by clicking an X.

If that's a requirement of yours, you would have to evaluate third-party solutions, e.g. Cookiebot by Usercentrics, and see if they can meet those requirements.

Additionally, you could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. (The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.)

However, I'm not aware of this specific requirement, see for example these Cookie Banner Guidelines for Each Global Privacy Regulation. Could you share the resource that triggered your question?

(This reply does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.