GDPR

Vroegindeweij

Cookie consent per cookie categorie

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I just set up the new cookie policy from Hubspot on my websites. I know that because of the GDPR, we need to give the ability to visitors to decline any cookies. But the way it is set up right now, you can either accept or decline all of them. I've seen quite some websites giving the option to opt-in for specific type of cookies. In this way, a visitor can opt-in for anonymous analytics cookies, but opt-out for advertisement cookies. 

Does any of you know a way of setting up the different cookie categorie opt-ins? Is Hubspot going to implement this option any time soon? I'm worried I will loose way to much data. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
ojobson
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

The new cookie control tools are useless as they only control HubSpot cookies.
If you use the COS and google analytics (and who doesn't use google anlaytics) then you can't use the hubspot provided cookie control system.
If you have standard social sharing tools or video embedded from youtube (or any other scripts that might set cookies) then these will mostly likely include the use of cookies - so again the HubSpot cookie settings are useless because it doesn't prevent them from being set.
There are no tools in the HS cookie control tool that allow any control on which cookies can be set.
If you opt to abandon the HS cookie control system and use 3rd party cookie controls, and use a seperate script to place the HubSpot do not track cookie, then this results in two issues First, the hubspot code seems to ignore the HS do not track cookie and places cookies anyway. If the HS do not track cookie was working properly then you can't seperate tracking cookies from anonymous/aggregate data because the donottrack track cookie tells hubspot to ignore everything - so you get no data in hubspot for these visits.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
DaisyDKroon
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Guys, I think you should definitely post this as an idea, so that Hubspot can start 1. being aware of this lack they currently have 2.start working on it asap. 😉

trevorhatfield
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE
We have this issue now and can confirm it results in a massive loss of analytics data since it’s an all or nothing acceptance. We are looking at using Cookiebot instead. Eitherway HubSpot should address this in a similar way.
MacaPerez
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I agree with the rest of my colleagues that it is necessary for Hubspot to implement the native functionality necessary to comply with the legal requirements regarding cookies.

Currently there is no third-party system compatible with meeting legal and marketing objectives.. both at the same time. The only solution is to lose the analytical data ... which is the great value of Hubspot as a market tool. Some clients do not want to ignore the recommendations of the Data Protection Agency. They also do not want to risk a possible sanction, so for them Hubspot may no longer be a marketing solution among their options and this worries us as an Agency.

I hope that a solution for this will be found soon. Thank you very much in advance.

0 Upvotes