GDPR

ZChurney3
Contributor

Cookie Settings Handover from Original CMS to HubSpot

SOLVE

Hello! I have a question regarding cookie settings when a visitor is redirected to a HubSpot Landing page. If a visitor goes to a website created with a CMS like Wordpress or Drupal and declines cookies, and then they are redirected to a HubSpot Landing Page via link, etc., is there a way to ensure the tracking stops there or that the cookies settings are handed over to HubSpot? The goal is to make sure that if cookies are declined before entering a HubSpot Website or Landing Page on a separate CMS, the settings are kept for that user. How do you all deal with this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

It sounds like you need a more robust GDPR solution to handle cookie acceptance cross-domain. I would recommend looking into compliance solutions like UserCentrics or Onetrust at this point as it will allow you to control what tags are firing cross-domain (or even app) per the acceptance that was received from the user.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

It sounds like you need a more robust GDPR solution to handle cookie acceptance cross-domain. I would recommend looking into compliance solutions like UserCentrics or Onetrust at this point as it will allow you to control what tags are firing cross-domain (or even app) per the acceptance that was received from the user.

ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much! This was what I figured because we have others who use UserCentrics and the integration. Many thanks for the information confirmation!

0 Upvotes