GDPR

RaviT
Participante

Cookie Banner for HubSpot different then Website

resolver

Hi Everyone-

I am looking for advice on how you are handling the cookie notice and banner that are used on HubSpot Landing Pages and Forms since these are different from those that might be on your website. 

Background: The Hubspot landing page has different cookies and different method for those cookies to be accepted then our website. Our website allows for a tiered approach when accepting cookies (necessary, functional, performance), where the user can opt into the functional and performance level of cookies. Whereas, HubSpot landing pages have only one level of cookie which is controlled by accept or decline buttons. 

I want to find the most legal way of handling these two disparate cookie policies, while also keeping a seamless user experience (not having to accept/read two different polcies from filling out a form to going to our website).

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Nynke_HM
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @RaviT ,

The issue you share, is very common. My answer depends on the fact if you use HubSpot tracking on your general website as well or not and if other trackers are involved? Here are the options:

1. If you are using the HubSpot tracking code on your main website, I would advise you to use HubSpots cookie banner there as well - and therefore set this as your general banner. 

2. If you are using the HubSpot tracking code among other trackers, I would advise you to recreate your cookie banner in HubSpot (using head HTML) and integrate your other trackers as well. Unless it's Google Analytics only, then HubSpot cookies will make sure GA will or will not be fired based on the cookie choice: https://developers.hubspot.com/changelog/google-analytics-and-the-hubspot-cookie-banner

3. If you do not use HubSpot tracking on your main website, but you do use other trackers - then you'd want to keep your current banner on your main website and I would advise you to use the separate HubSpot tracker on your HubSpot pages. You could edit the look of this via custom code in head HTML as well. 

Hope this helps to make a decision!

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
Nynke_HM
Solução

resolver

Hi @RaviT ,

The issue you share, is very common. My answer depends on the fact if you use HubSpot tracking on your general website as well or not and if other trackers are involved? Here are the options:

1. If you are using the HubSpot tracking code on your main website, I would advise you to use HubSpots cookie banner there as well - and therefore set this as your general banner. 

2. If you are using the HubSpot tracking code among other trackers, I would advise you to recreate your cookie banner in HubSpot (using head HTML) and integrate your other trackers as well. Unless it's Google Analytics only, then HubSpot cookies will make sure GA will or will not be fired based on the cookie choice: https://developers.hubspot.com/changelog/google-analytics-and-the-hubspot-cookie-banner

3. If you do not use HubSpot tracking on your main website, but you do use other trackers - then you'd want to keep your current banner on your main website and I would advise you to use the separate HubSpot tracker on your HubSpot pages. You could edit the look of this via custom code in head HTML as well. 

Hope this helps to make a decision!

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution