GDPR

rinkjuliane
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Contacts who were on the opt out list dont get a DOI e-mail

SOLVE

Hi,

so here is what happen:

We created a new HubSpot account and imported our contact. With the switch to a new system we wanted to clear our contact data and therefore send them a markting email before we turned on the GDPR and DOI process in HubSpot (as then they all got that email).

We created a email saying basically: we are trying to update our contact information, if you still want to receive emails from us, please click the button below.

A good portion of our contatcts did so and so we gave them the opted-in status. The rest of the contacts we uploaded as on a opt-out-list. After this we turned on the GDPR and DOI process.

We wanted to assure that just the contacts who opted in through our email are getting general information like newsletter and stuff.

But now I have the case that people, that did not respond to the first email (so basicall neither opted in nor out) dont get the DOI email after they filled out a form.

But thats not good because they never really opted out, so they should get those system emails!

I hope I described it clearly enough and you can help me further with this. What I want to do is to assure that the people that didnt react to our self-made DOI email are not getting any markteting information from us, but they do get system emails like DOI.

Bcs it is not an option for us to go into every single contact and send them a DOI manually.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rinkjuliane,

It's hard to tell without seeing the settings and contact record – could you share a screenshot of a contact record, pixelating personal information? Ideally, please include the form submission itself, the subscriptions (left sidebar) and any additional relevant entries in the timeline after the form submissions.

There might also be an entry detailing why the opt-in email was not sent.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rinkjuliane,

It looks like this contact has opted out portal wide and is not eligible to receive any email at all (except for emails sent with the transactional email add-on). As far as I know, individual subscriptions don't change anything about this fact.

In that case, they could only opt into receiving communication (and trigger an opt-in email) by submittion this type of form: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/manage-your-marketing-email-account-settings#resubscription-emai...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rinkjuliane,

It looks like this contact has opted out portal wide and is not eligible to receive any email at all (except for emails sent with the transactional email add-on). As far as I know, individual subscriptions don't change anything about this fact.

In that case, they could only opt into receiving communication (and trigger an opt-in email) by submittion this type of form: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/manage-your-marketing-email-account-settings#resubscription-emai...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

rinkjuliane

SOLVE

Here are some additional information:

Subscription.PNGTimeline 1.PNG

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rinkjuliane,

It's hard to tell without seeing the settings and contact record – could you share a screenshot of a contact record, pixelating personal information? Ideally, please include the form submission itself, the subscriptions (left sidebar) and any additional relevant entries in the timeline after the form submissions.

There might also be an entry detailing why the opt-in email was not sent.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler