GDPR

SimonH_Demodia
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Consent to process only

SOLVE

Hi all,

We need to be able to create GDPR compliant forms that ONLY request "consent to process" and DO NOT collect marketing consent. I can't seem to see an option to do this using the standard field as it is not possible to delete everything from the Subscriptions section. 

How is anyone else doing this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Consent to process only

SOLVE

Hi @SimonH_Demodia,

You're correct, there is always going to be at least one checkbox for a subscription type (options "Consent checkbox for communications; form submit as consent to process" and "Consent checkboxes for communications and processing"). When you choose the "Legitimate interest" option, no checkbox is displayed but a subscription will be set in the background.

If you have access to workflows, the easiest solution would be to simply not add the GDPR module in a form, add your consent notice via rich text and and log the "Legal basis for processing" via workflow. If you need a checkbox for the "Legal basis for processing", you would create a custom property for it.

Without workflows, I'm not aware of any automatic solution. You'd either have to accept the optional subscription checkbox and live with it or remove the GDPR module (similar to the approach in the previous paragraph) and bulk update the "Legal basis for processing" of contacts who submitted the form on a regular basis, manually.

If you feel strongly about a default feature for this, I'd recommend requesting this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these request based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Consent to process only

SOLVE

Hi @SimonH_Demodia,

You're correct, there is always going to be at least one checkbox for a subscription type (options "Consent checkbox for communications; form submit as consent to process" and "Consent checkboxes for communications and processing"). When you choose the "Legitimate interest" option, no checkbox is displayed but a subscription will be set in the background.

If you have access to workflows, the easiest solution would be to simply not add the GDPR module in a form, add your consent notice via rich text and and log the "Legal basis for processing" via workflow. If you need a checkbox for the "Legal basis for processing", you would create a custom property for it.

Without workflows, I'm not aware of any automatic solution. You'd either have to accept the optional subscription checkbox and live with it or remove the GDPR module (similar to the approach in the previous paragraph) and bulk update the "Legal basis for processing" of contacts who submitted the form on a regular basis, manually.

If you feel strongly about a default feature for this, I'd recommend requesting this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these request based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.