Complying with GDPR with Hubspot and Cookiebot

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi there! I'm searching for a solution to comply with GDPR while maintaining crucial functionalities such as chat on our website.

I can't find any specific scripts for these functionalities. There's just the generic tracking code which looks like this:

<!-- Start of HubSpot Embed Code -->
<script type="text/javascript" id="hs-script-loader" async defer src="//js.hs-scripts.com/0000000.js"></script>
<!-- End of HubSpot Embed Code -->

Connecting this script with Cookiebot in GTM will result in a sub-optimal experience: You can either accept everything or decline everything; there won't be an option to decline the tracking function and accepting the functional cookies for the chat.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @Davidlvr,

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot Community.

I'm not sure if I understand your query correctly, could you clarify further ①Where are you adding the script and ②What is your endgoal? In order to track the chat conversations we will need cookies, so I would like to have more details of the context.

Thank you,

Natsumi

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Natsumi,

Thank you for your reply.
① We're adding the HS script to our GTM container so we can fire it once the visitor has either accepted or declined our cookies.
② The end goal is to comply with the GDPR, while maintaining the key functions embedded within the HS script. Currently, that's not possible (as far as I can see), because the same script will also register personal data from the visitor and sends it to our HS DB. That being said, I'm either looking for an 'anonymized' version of the HS script that we can fire if the visitor chooses to decline cookies, or for separate (anonymized) scripts for the different functions such as chat.

For instance: Google Analytics has the option to anonymize the tracking code by adding a field called 'AnonimizeIP' and setting the value to 'True'. By doing this, the cookie doesn't store or send any personal data to Google, thus making the cookie GDPR proof even though the visitor chose to decline marketing cookies.

With kind regards,
David

Community Manager

Hi @Davidlvr 

Thank you for your clarification.

I have found a similar query in the Community and wanted to share it with you. Here is the link. You can find the APIs for you to use.

I hope this helps!

Natsumi

0 Upvotes