Résolue
0 Votes
8 Réponses
AlanR
Contributeur

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

Hi RogerM

Thanks for posting this.  We're having a similar issue with 2 Cookie notices displaying.

The HS Cookie notice is not necessary as it is not on brand and is a duplication of what we already have on our Website. In the HubSpot Admin menu, it even states "Please note: while HubSpot has cookie tracking and privacy policy settings, your legal team is the best resource to give you compliance advice for your specific business circumstances."

We've long had a Cookie policy complying with relevant data protection laws and covers GDPR.

I can't see a reply from HS to your issue and yet it must be common.  The Admin function allows for the notification to be swtiched off, which is how ours is set, yet it still displays.  

Has there been no reply from HS directly on this issue?

Thanks

Alan

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

Hi @AlanR,

If you are experiencing an issue with your website content and the banner messaging, I would recommend partnering with HubSpot technical Support as they will be able to assist you with any issues specifically in your portal.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Votes
AlanR
Contributeur

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

Thanks @jennysowyrda

When I first tried to raise the issue, technical support wasn't available for this issue, which I thought was odd.  So, I followed the community links that were suggested to me in the portal.

I'll make another effort tomorrow morning and see if technical suppport is available.

Thanks

Alan

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

Hi @RogerM  A more robust cookie policy tool is currently in beta. We are mindful of the upcoming GDPR implementation date and will release the tool accordingly.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Votes
roisinkirby
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue
0 Votes
ojobson
Contributeur de premier rang

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

The new cookie control tools are useless as they only control HubSpot cookies.

If you use the COS and google analytics (and who doesn't use google anlaytics) then you can't use the hubspot provided cookie control system.

If you have standard social sharing tools or video embedded from youtube (or any other scripts that might set cookies) then these will mostly likely include the use of cookies - so again the HubSpot cookie settings are useless because it doesn't prevent them from being set.

There are no tools to control which cookies can be set.

If you opt to abandon the HS cookie control system and use 3rd party cookie controls, and use a seperate script to place the HubSpot do not track cookie, then this results in two issues First, the hubspot code seems to ignore the HS do not track cookie and places cookies anyway. If the HS do not track cookie was working properly then you can't seperate tracking cookies from anonymous/aggregate data because the donottrack track cookie tells hubspot to ignore everything - so you get no data in hubspot for these visits.

RogerM
Participant

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

Has there been a resolution to the problem described by @ojobson?  I am still having major problems with HS cookies.

0 Votes
ojobson
Contributeur de premier rang

COOKIE NOTICE issue

Résolue

RogerM - I've been playing with 3rd party solutions, but none of them seem to play ball with HubSpot and do things as they should.

As far I can tell you need to build in the HS API callback function that acts as a consent listener. Wrap this around code on your site that places cookies and if consent has been granted, or the consent button is clicked, then the code will run. I have blogged about this here. It seems to do the job but I would appreciate constructive feedback to improve it.

Blog and instructions for implementation are here.

0 Votes