GDPR

Fhartley

Blog Subscription (frequency) field not available in lead flows

SOLVE

I'd like to use lead flows as quick way to get blog subscribers. However, we have three frequency options available for blog notifications and lead flows does not allow me to add the Blog Subscription Contact Property. How does the subscriber choose a preferred frequency or should I set a default frequency for subscribers via the lead flow? They could always change the frequency in their preferences linked at footer of email.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
HelenRoss
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Here 🙂 https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage

Or hover over the "Forums" option up there ^^ it's the bottom drop down option 

View solution in original post

Fhartley
Solution

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
HelenRoss
Contributor

SOLVE

Are you currently using Hubspot's blogging functionality, or is this through a third party you're pushing people to? From your wording, I'm assuming HS but want to double check.

Fhartley

SOLVE

Hi @HelenRoss and @jennysowyrda,

We have our website and blog hosted on HS. 

I have managed to set this up using a combination of lead flow, lists and workflow. Any new subscribers from lead flow are assigned a default frequency and are automatically added to a smart list. Workflow then sends follow up email dependent on chosen/default frequency.

Managed to work around not being able to add this field. Seems like it would be a logical thing to have in lead flows though since most examples are for email subscription.

Many Thanks

0 Upvotes
KPorch

SOLVE

Really curious as to the content of your follow-up email. Did you successfully send them a link to their subscription preferences so they can choose? We're having a similar issue--we have several email lists that are based on region or specific news type, and currently have no way for a user to choose their subscription type. If a follow-up email with subscriptions types is what we need to do, I'd be curious as to what content you included in the email.

0 Upvotes
Fhartley

SOLVE

Hi @KPorch, the subscription preferences fields are not available in lead flow. I, therefore decided to add subscribers from the lead flow to a default weekly frequency. Until the subscription preferences field is available, it's the only way I could see how to do it. Hopefully, with the GDPR changes afoot, this field may become available for the subscriber to choose.

0 Upvotes
HelenRoss
Contributor

SOLVE

Completely agree on what you've done being a (rather ingenious but should be unnecessary) workaround.

Maybe post it as an idea in the ideas portal? At least that way Hubspot knows it's wanted. If you could link back to it I would totally upvote it!

Fhartley

SOLVE

@HelenRoss Thank you  🙂

Where would I find the ideas portal?

0 Upvotes
HelenRoss
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Here 🙂 https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage

Or hover over the "Forums" option up there ^^ it's the bottom drop down option 

Fhartley
Solution

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Fhartley

Currently you can't add the blog notification field to a lead flow. If you are looking to have this functionality. 

Depending on your HubSpot subscription level, you could have a new field to hold this information in the lead flow, and then copy it over to the appropriate contact property through a workflow. 

If you can share more about where your blog is hosted, how you are sending the emails, and what HubSpot tools you have access to, I am sure the Community can advise on next steps.

@HelenRoss@Jan1 do you have any suggestions for using lead flows with blog subscriptions? 

0 Upvotes