GDPR

cjaunault
Membre

Block non essential Hubspot cookie on Hubspot CMS when using external cookie consent system

Résolue

Hello, I use an external cookie consent system (Axeptio) on Hubspot pages. But I don't find how to block non essential Hubspot cookie (__hssc, hubspotutk).
Hubspot alway trigger all cookie when it's on Hubspot pages 😕 

I want theses cookies to be trigger only if visitor accept Hubspot cookies with Axeptio. If visitor accept then I want to trigger __hssc, hubspotutk cookies with Google Tag Manager.

Any idea ?

thanks for help

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ojobson
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Block non essential Hubspot cookie on Hubspot CMS when using external cookie consent system

Résolue

@JessicaH , @cjaunault 

Using anything but the Hubspot cookie tools is awkward as (to the best of my knowledge) unless you use the HubSpot cookie consent tools Hubspot will always place cookies when a visitor first comes to the web page. This means you can't be fully compliant. However, you can stop HubSpot collecting data on subsequent page visits.

This is done by adding code to your cookie consent tool to tell hubspot not to place cookies. This is done with the following javascript call to the hubspot API:

_hsq.push(['doNotTrack']);

This will add the donottrack cookie to the visitors browser so that no data will be tracked by hubspot, but the hubspot cookies have already been placed.

If the user uses your cookie consent tool to accept cookies you can then revoke the do not track cookie with this call to the API:

_hsq.push(['doNotTrack', {track: true}]);

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
JessicaH
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @cjaunault,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @ojobson @Nynke_HM @piersg, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes
ojobson
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

@JessicaH , @cjaunault 

Using anything but the Hubspot cookie tools is awkward as (to the best of my knowledge) unless you use the HubSpot cookie consent tools Hubspot will always place cookies when a visitor first comes to the web page. This means you can't be fully compliant. However, you can stop HubSpot collecting data on subsequent page visits.

This is done by adding code to your cookie consent tool to tell hubspot not to place cookies. This is done with the following javascript call to the hubspot API:

_hsq.push(['doNotTrack']);

This will add the donottrack cookie to the visitors browser so that no data will be tracked by hubspot, but the hubspot cookies have already been placed.

If the user uses your cookie consent tool to accept cookies you can then revoke the do not track cookie with this call to the API:

_hsq.push(['doNotTrack', {track: true}]);