GDPR

Felipe-CS
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

How we can automatically apply a global opt-out to contacts that request it? I see I have a step for "manage subscription status", but this won't allow us to apply a global opt-out. Even if we unsubscribe from all of the "communication subscription types", there could be new ones that are not added to this workflow eventually and this would stay a liability.

Have you launched a way to do this automatically?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi @Felipe-CS,

I'm not a developer but it looks like the available endpoints only let you unsubscribe from specific subscription types, not all emails: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/marketing-api/subscriptions-preferences

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Syeda_Fatima
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi @Felipe-CS, As much as i know, Unfortunately, HubSpot does not currently have a way to automatically apply a global opt-out to contacts that request it.

You
will need to manually manage the subscription status for each contact that requests a global opt-out.

Even, You
can also set up a process to periodically review contacts who have unsubscribed from individual communication subscription types to ensure that they are opted out from all messaging. This ensures that you're staying compliant and your contacts have their preferences honored

Additionally, you can also use third-party extensions based on your eComm platform.

All the best! ____________Syeda

Felipe-CS

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi Syeda, thank you for replying. We don't work with e-commerce, only Inbound form submissions or manual contact creation. Though, if there is another way to do this with a third-party tool I'm interested as well.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi @Felipe-CS,

You can unsubscribe a contact from all emails (even emails from new subscription types in the future) by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email

If you're using business units, it will only unsubscribe contacts from the main account business unit, not additional business units. (If that's the case, HubSpot will show you a notice about this.)

Another exception to this opt-out would be transactional emails, something you'd be aware of because you'd be using it purposefully: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot

(There currently isn't any way to unsubscribe contacts using workflows, if that's what you're referring to when you say automatically.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Felipe-CS

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thanks for replying. So yes, I meant workflows by "automatically" but if there is another way, like using Hubspot API, Third-party tools, etc, that you are aware of I'd be interested, because right now having someone doing this manually every 15 days at most, to comply with GDPR and LGPD legislation, seems to be the only possible way.

0 Upvotes
Syeda_Fatima

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

@Felipe-CS Yes, there are other ways to automate global opt-out workflows, such as using Hubspot API, third-party tools, and even custom developed applications.

For example, Hubspot offers an API that can be used to set up automated global opt-out workflows, so that users can opt-out of receiving emails from your organization automatically.

Additionally, there are third-party tools that can be used to create automated global opt-out workflows. Give me some time, I'll confirm with my team if they can handle this request. and keep you updated in person.

Meantime, you can also create custom applications that will enable users to opt-out of receiving emails from your organization automatically. This will help!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Auto Global Opt-Out

SOLVE

Hi @Felipe-CS,

I'm not a developer but it looks like the available endpoints only let you unsubscribe from specific subscription types, not all emails: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/marketing-api/subscriptions-preferences

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler