GDPR

EnesCinar
投稿者

Adjusting Cookie Pop-Up/Banner/Cookie Settings

解決

Hi all,

We use a cookie banner that has two options which are "No, Thanks" and "Accept". However, we want to change that according to the trends. We want to adjust it to "Cookie Settings" and "Accept".  When I look at the other websites, they present managing consent preferences when a visitor clicks "Cookie Settings". May I implement that without using the third-party tool?  I share an example of what I mean from The Times website.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 22.38.10.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 22.39.36.png

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
MiaSrebrnjak
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @EnesCinar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, that's an interesting topic! 

HubSpot has recently made changes to the cookie tracking settings and now offers the option to customize and add cookie categories that web visitors can accept or decline. You can learn more about the cookie policy customization in HubSpot in this Knowledge base article. Our cookie banner team has also added geotargeting to the settings last week - HubSpot users now have the ability to select the country that a selected cookie policy will display for:  

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 17.09.03.png

There are also other apps and software providers our users use to manage their cookies policies:  Cookiebot and OneTrust to name two.

@Phil_Vallender are there any other apps you would recommend that help you manage tracking consent preferences?

Thanks,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

元の投稿で解決策を見る

radapop
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hi everyone, thanks for leaving your thoughts and feedback in this thread.

While it's true that a built-in option to disable the 'decline' button doesn't currently exist within the cookie banner settings directly, hiding this option can be achieved with a few lines of CSS. 

<style>
#hs-eu-decline-button {
display: none !important;
}
</style>

Adding this to your page or site Head HTML settings will hide the 'Decline' button from view.

radapop_0-1626196755653.png

Enabling Cookies by Category will display the 'Cookie Settings' link.

radapop_1-1626175430894.png

Afterwards you should only be able to see the 'Accept' and 'Cookie Settings' buttons:

radapop_3-1626176057796.png
With the above being said, in many countries it is not the recommended practice to hide the decline button. As per different EU guidelines visitors must be given equal opportunity to make informed decisions regarding their cookie consent.  For this reason we recommend consulting your legal team prior to any changes

元の投稿で解決策を見る

10件の返信
radapop
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hi everyone, thanks for leaving your thoughts and feedback in this thread.

While it's true that a built-in option to disable the 'decline' button doesn't currently exist within the cookie banner settings directly, hiding this option can be achieved with a few lines of CSS. 

<style>
#hs-eu-decline-button {
display: none !important;
}
</style>

Adding this to your page or site Head HTML settings will hide the 'Decline' button from view.

radapop_0-1626196755653.png

Enabling Cookies by Category will display the 'Cookie Settings' link.

radapop_1-1626175430894.png

Afterwards you should only be able to see the 'Accept' and 'Cookie Settings' buttons:

radapop_3-1626176057796.png
With the above being said, in many countries it is not the recommended practice to hide the decline button. As per different EU guidelines visitors must be given equal opportunity to make informed decisions regarding their cookie consent.  For this reason we recommend consulting your legal team prior to any changes

MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Thank you @radapop👍

@EnesCinar@SLehmann@YusufAgirdas@Fredd I wanted to make sure that the workaround Rada suggested is on your radar. I hope this helps! 

Cheers

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Thank you for all your comments and ideas! 

I can confirm that HubSpot currently doesn't offer the option to hide the "Decline" button: 

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 18.38.21.png

This product idea that has already been posted on our Ideas forum - you can find it here. The HubSpot Ideas Forum is a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team. We want you to tell us what features you'd like built! I would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention and provide more context. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

Thanks!

Mia

0 いいね!
SLehmann
参加者

解決

Hey,
I'm totally with you ! We really need this feature to edit the cookie settings accordingly to the current trend.

It's absolutely crucial to hide the "Decline" button in the first-step so the people get "forced" to accept the cookies OR edit the settings. All GDPR-conform. 

PLEASE devlop this little function - so one HubSpot customer will need to use third-party providers. 

Best,

Sarah

0 いいね!
EnesCinar
投稿者

解決

You are definitely right Yusuf, with your words: "HubSpot makes no sense without tracking." To get over this challenge, I start to look for another third-party tool such as OneTrust. However, I am not desired to invest that little functional requirement 😕I am also keeping to find the ways if there is any update, I will write here.

Regards,

Enes

0 いいね!
MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Thank you @EnesCinar, we're looking forward to your updates and feedback! 

0 いいね!
YusufAgirdas
参加者

解決

Hi,

I'm also searching for this feature to hide the "Decline" button in the first-step. And if you want to have individual settings or want to decline everything, you have to click on "cookie settings" at first.

Could you please develop this function? HubSpot makes no sense without tracking.

Best Regards,

Yusuf

MiaSrebrnjak
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @EnesCinar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, that's an interesting topic! 

HubSpot has recently made changes to the cookie tracking settings and now offers the option to customize and add cookie categories that web visitors can accept or decline. You can learn more about the cookie policy customization in HubSpot in this Knowledge base article. Our cookie banner team has also added geotargeting to the settings last week - HubSpot users now have the ability to select the country that a selected cookie policy will display for:  

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 17.09.03.png

There are also other apps and software providers our users use to manage their cookies policies:  Cookiebot and OneTrust to name two.

@Phil_Vallender are there any other apps you would recommend that help you manage tracking consent preferences?

Thanks,

Mia

EnesCinar
投稿者

解決

Hi!

Thank you, Mia! As I understand, we can't customize the labels as I mentioned "Cookie Settings" and "Accept All" I will check the OneTrust. In my opinion, it will be great if HubSpot gives a chance to make adjustments like I mentioned because the cookie is crucial for the website analysis, and the new trend is not presenting a "Decline" button at first sight.

Regards,

Fredd
参加者

解決

I checked our Top 20 competitors, and not a single one offers the Decline button. Not one. Then I checked the Coca Cola Website, and other large company website...not a single one has a Decline button. They all have one to accept them, or configure them. This makes Hubspot the least effective marketing platform ever created, because all the easy to use functionality is now imposible to use unless one uses another very complicated solution that isn't compatible with a lot of effort.

Here's what Hubspot needs to enable:

1) Make the Decline button optional if the Configure one is present.

2) Enable Cookie Management Opt Out mode.

A person configuring this should be able to set policy according to countries and local regulations.