GDPR

Vroegindeweij
メンバー

Add email preference link to CTA

解決

Hi! 

With the next newsletter we're sending out, we'd like to ask everybody to have another look at their Email Preferences and update them if needed. You know, GDPR stuff. Of course I want to add a CTA for them to click on to go their personal page. But how do I do this? 

The 'link' to the page is a piece of text / personal token, so I can't include that in a CTA, can I? How do I go about this?

Many thanks

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @Vroegindeweij

You make a good point, I don't think this is possible currently. You can only ask them to review their preferences using the link in the email footer - not ideal. 

Hubspot is working on updating the email preference center. From https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness:

" the HubSpot subscription preferences page will be updated to support the needs of the GDPR. Currently the subscription preferences page allows Ana to opt out of different types of communications. This page will be updated to support opt-in preferences."

Perhaps it will become possible to link more easily to the preference page once those changes are introduced. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
10件の返信
pfarrell
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

There's a way which allows you to insert a normal link, but unfortunately this doesn't work with CTAs. If you're using the new drag and drop editor, the button module looks like a CTA and it should work.

Set the destination of the link to "{{unsubscribe_link}}". This token will expand to the correct link for the recipient of the email at send time and doesn't rely on any cookies. It works the same way as the link in the footer which just looks like:

<a href="{{unsubscribe_link}}">Unsubscribe</a>

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @Vroegindeweij

You make a good point, I don't think this is possible currently. You can only ask them to review their preferences using the link in the email footer - not ideal. 

Hubspot is working on updating the email preference center. From https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness:

" the HubSpot subscription preferences page will be updated to support the needs of the GDPR. Currently the subscription preferences page allows Ana to opt out of different types of communications. This page will be updated to support opt-in preferences."

Perhaps it will become possible to link more easily to the preference page once those changes are introduced. 

0 いいね!
Judy2019
参加者

解決

Has anyone seen an update to this? How does one find the URL for the communication preference page that is associated with personal token?

rhelfst
参加者

解決

@Phil_Vallender ,

Has this functionality been added for email and landing page funtionality? I'm preparing a permission pass campaign and would love to be able to include a link like this on the thank you page for recipients. 

Thanks!

asizestream
メンバー

解決

Hi,

I too would like an external URL to post on our website to direct people to the Email Preference Center, but I onlyk see the token within HubSpot which doesn't work outside of HubSpot. Does anyone knwo if there is a solution to this yet?  I've read through thte GDPR playbook and various articles in the Knowledge-base and only see how to update it within HubSpot using the token.

Thanks!

April

Hannahv
参加者

解決

I totally agree, a URL directly to the preference center would help us out tremendously!

Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi all.

Things should be easier now that HubSpot has rolled out their GDPR features. 

From their GDPR playbook:

[You can] Insert a subscription confirmation link into an email. The link can be added to any regular email (not including workflow or followup emails) using Insert > Insert Subscription confirmation link. When that link is clicked, the contact is automatically opted in to all subscription types moving forward.

[You can] Insert a link to your subscription preferences page. With the subscription preferences page, your contacts can opt in to specific subscription types that they'd like to receive. Insert a link to your subscription preferences page by adding the following line of code (or something similar) to the source code of your email:

<a href="">Click here to manage your email preferences</a>

Hope this helps.

0 いいね!
Amanda_Lee
参加者

解決

I've actually found myself a solution for this. I added this link in a CTA in my marketing email template: https://blog.robotiq.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe . Note that when you preview your email it will send you to the email unsubscribe webpage. However, when you send the email for real to your receipients or even send yourself a test email it will send you to the contact's personal communication preferences page! 

klynch09
参加者

解決

Amanda_Lee - This worked for me thank you so much!

0 いいね!
KevinWalsh
参加者

解決

I think this workaround is problematic because it relies on cookies: not everyone will have a cookie.

0 いいね!