Free Email Beta

sdwansol
Membro

Suspended email - one strike and out?

resolver

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this and recently imported a 2018 contact list into Hubspot and mass emailed them with my GDPR statement and offered the chance to unsubscribe. I had 15% bounce rate and have been suspended - On my very first attempt. I had no idea about the bounce rate limits and suspension etc. and would have used office365 mailmerge to verify list had i known. There was no warning except one saying are you sure you want to send now.....

The FAQ says i can click in the error message and put my case forward - except there is no clickable link and i cant find any way of contacting anyone to try and explain. - this is very frustrating.   I can't believe any sales organisation like Hubspot would have a one strike and you're out policy especially when my intention was purely to do the right thing re GDPR. I've learned my lesson - please can someone step up and help out or do I need to look at alternative CRMs

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Zakiya
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey sdwansol, Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds for email sending in CRM Free/Marketing Free accounts will remain locked going forward. You may continue to use other tools that are available to you within the HubSpot platform. For more information about email suspensions and industry email limits, please check out this HubSpot Academy guide. 

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
Zakiya
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey sdwansol, Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds for email sending in CRM Free/Marketing Free accounts will remain locked going forward. You may continue to use other tools that are available to you within the HubSpot platform. For more information about email suspensions and industry email limits, please check out this HubSpot Academy guide. 

LostSoul
Membro

resolver

Hi,  I am having the same problem (Free CRM version)

I am CHARGED with:   

We’ve reviewed your appeal form answers and have determined the account to be fraudulent. Unfortunately you won’t be able to send emails from this account. You'll still be able to use the other tools in HubSpot.

As a new user I had entered 9 Contacts and was 'locked out of sending...' I have no idea how to overcome this issues, as I cannot find a way to get it resolved. I am also thinking that my days (here) are numbered!
I sent an email (to:  'TheHubSpotTeam@hubspot.com') on 31/7/19, 13 days ago, no responce. I cannot even see why it was locked out? Maybe too dim...

The only Flag I got was that Yahoo? bounced an email as it did not like something, not even sure it was sent with Hubspot, it does not look like it, not mentioned in Contact history.

How do I find out what I have done to be accused of being Fraudulent?

The only thing I can think of is GDPR, I was trying so hard to NOT fall foul of that, as I do not want SPAM myself and CERTANLY do not want to send it.

Surely if I was considered fraudulent I should have been suspended or kicked out. I am sure Hubspot does not want to associated with fraudsters??

Aceitar como solução
0 Avaliação positiva
RipperMedia
Membro

resolver

My partner gave me the wrong list. As I instructed him only to give me opt ins that were validated and verified. I recommend martech solutions tomy SMB to Mid Market clients for my digital agency, safe to say I will be recommending other CRMS and divesting budgets away from Hubspot and only working with Salesforce exclusively in my recommendations to clients moving forward in to Q4 and 2020. People making honest mistakes shouldnt be banned from email sends. Not doing this to be petty, it is just a matter of best practices and suggesting the right product so my clients dont have a poor user experience.

Aceitar como solução
0 Avaliação positiva
ramironan
Membro

resolver

What a horrible way Hubspot you really disappointed us with this.

Aceitar como solução
0 Avaliação positiva
Bryantworks
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hey @sdwansol 

Good on your for trying to be proactive with GDPR, it was my understanding that there isn't one strike and you're out policy.  You typically get a second shot.  As I know it HubSpot will stop an email send all together if it starts seeing a really high bounce rate, but to restore email access you might have to contact their support via a ticket, chat or email. 

According to this article, a member of HubSpot should reach out to you within 24hours of suspension.  Have you had someone reach out yet?   

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Aceitar como solução
0 Avaliação positiva