Marketing Hub | Fragen, Tipps & bewährte Methoden

LauraExpoCloud

Submit forms automatically

SOLVE

When you create a meeting link, you can choose for the form to be auto-submitted when all fields are pre-populated with known values. So if you activate that option, contacts will not even see the form if their values are known.

That would be a really great feature for "normal" forms too, especially when having gated content. Then somebody who also filled out a form before, wouldn't have to do that again. However, that option is not available in the normal form settings. Is it possible to integrate that to normal forms aswell?

settings-meetings-forms.JPG

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback about it!

Kind regards,

Laura

1 Accepted solution
RomyFuchs1
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi Laura,

I know that this information does not satisfy you, but there is currently no other solution. In addition, HubSpot fills in the fields by default when known, so no contacts should really have any effort at all:

Pre-populate fields with known values: if a contact has previously visited your site and submitted a form, and HubSpot was able to store and track their cookies, any known field values can be pre-populated on the form. With this option enabled, visitors can save time filling out subsequent forms on your site.

This option is enabled by default. To disable this option, click to toggle the Pre-populate fields with known values switch off.

Furthermore, I recommend that you post your idea in the ideas forum here in the community. The more kudos you get, the more likely it is to be implemented by the developers (if it doesn't already exist - just search in advance).

Regards

facebooktwitterlinkedininstagram
Romy Fuchs

Head of Marketing | HubSpot Trainer

BEE Digital Growth GmbH

+41 (0) 43 336 9003 | +49 (0) 711 49010128
r.fuchs@bee.digital
https://www.bee.digital/
Relenbergstraße 6, 70174 Stuttgart
Termin vereinbaren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RomyFuchs1

SOLVE

Hi Laura,

even you haven't an auto-submit function in the normal forms you can use progressive fields instead. If the contact filling out your form already has a value for a specific field, you can specify that another form field displays in its place. If all fields are field out your contact just need to fill in the email and that's it. 
Regards,

Romy Fuchs

BEE Digital Growth GmbH

r.fuchs@bee.digital
Termin vereinbaren
LauraExpoCloud

SOLVE

Hi Romy,

i know the progressive fields function. But that doesn't really fit my needs. If it was possible to auto-submit "normal" forms that would be a great advantage, because our visitors would have as little boundaries as possible. For example, we have a few pieces of gated content on our website. If somebody wants to download a whitepaper, he or she has to give us his data in exchange. Then, if he wants to download another whitepaper, he has to give us his data again. However, this does not help the customer and neither us, because we already have his data. But we still want him to have the whitepaper. So the auto-submission would be the best option.

Kind regards,

Laura

0 Upvotes
RomyFuchs1
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Laura,

I know that this information does not satisfy you, but there is currently no other solution. In addition, HubSpot fills in the fields by default when known, so no contacts should really have any effort at all:

Pre-populate fields with known values: if a contact has previously visited your site and submitted a form, and HubSpot was able to store and track their cookies, any known field values can be pre-populated on the form. With this option enabled, visitors can save time filling out subsequent forms on your site.

This option is enabled by default. To disable this option, click to toggle the Pre-populate fields with known values switch off.

Furthermore, I recommend that you post your idea in the ideas forum here in the community. The more kudos you get, the more likely it is to be implemented by the developers (if it doesn't already exist - just search in advance).

Regards

Romy Fuchs

BEE Digital Growth GmbH

r.fuchs@bee.digital
Termin vereinbaren