Marketing Hub | Fragen, Tipps & bewährte Methoden

MaximilianG
Participant

Associate form with a deal

SOLVE

Hi,

I see the submitted form reply in the contact activities, but I'm not able to associate it with a deal. If there's a mail in the activities list, I have the option to also associate it with a deal, but with forms that option does not exist.

Is there a possibility to associate a form also with a deal and not just with a contact?

That's especially helpful with lead generation, when a potential client fills out the form and I see the form answers also in the deal created with the submitted form.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MaximilianG,

So it's really "just" about making that information available on the deal record for easier access? Then it's either upgrading to a Professional license (for workflows) or a Zapier workaround, like you've already explored. There might be other integrations in the app marketplace that can accomplish this but I'm not aware of any.

Keep in mind that, if this is about easy access, the form submission information is also always just one click away from your deal record once you have the contact record associated. You'll always have the associated contacts in the right sidebar of the deal record. I understand it's nice to have everything in one place but HubSpot's logic of objects is also a way to encourage users to keep records organized.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MaximilianG,

HubSpot is thinking in objects: contact, companies, deals, tickets. Form submission can currently only update the contact and ticket object, but not deal objects. The information submitted via a form will be stored in a contact, more specifically in contact properties. (It's not possible to send a form input directly into a deal record.) Since these properties are associatd to the contact, they cannot be easily associated with the deal either.

There are requests in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community to make this happen but it's not supported yet. At the moment, for a clean workaround you'd need HubSpot workflows (only available in Professional and Enterprise). With a workflow like that, you could create a custom deal property which is mirroring a contact property. A simple contact-based workflow would copy the value from the contact into the deal. (However, currently this copy process is executed for all associated records, meaning that the information from the contact would be copied into all deals, not just a specific one. This could be the desired outcome but it's not always.)

What is it exactly that you'd like to achieve by having this information on the deal record? There might be other ways to accomplish it.

Best regards!

PS. There are probably ways to make this work with Zapier in free and Starter subscriptions of HubSpot.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MaximilianG
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

thank you for the quick reply and information provided!

I outline the process below:

1. Potential customer fills out a form with contact and additional information

2. Contact is created and form information is pasted to the contact

3. A Zap creates a deal

4. I manually associate the deal with the contact

5. I manually forward the mail with the form details to Hubspot to associate the form infos with the deal

Best regards! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MaximilianG,

So it's really "just" about making that information available on the deal record for easier access? Then it's either upgrading to a Professional license (for workflows) or a Zapier workaround, like you've already explored. There might be other integrations in the app marketplace that can accomplish this but I'm not aware of any.

Keep in mind that, if this is about easy access, the form submission information is also always just one click away from your deal record once you have the contact record associated. You'll always have the associated contacts in the right sidebar of the deal record. I understand it's nice to have everything in one place but HubSpot's logic of objects is also a way to encourage users to keep records organized.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler