Extensión de Sales Hub para Outlook

IreneG
Participante

Is it possible to manually sync the emails you want to add to Hubspot?

resolver

Hi. Is it possible to manually sync the emails you want to add to Hubspot? With other tools I had a button "send and add to X" or when you had an email selected "add to X". Hundreds of emails sent and received by the team are not relevant for the CRM. 

Thanks

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
IreneG
Solución
Participante

resolver

I solved the issue. My colleague had set up the mailbox as a Team inbox instead of a personal one, as simple as that. 

Thanks.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

10 Respuestas 10
IreneG
Solución
Participante

resolver

I solved the issue. My colleague had set up the mailbox as a Team inbox instead of a personal one, as simple as that. 

Thanks.

IreneG
Participante

resolver

Hi again. We've uninstalled and installed the plugin again and didn't make any difference. We've also tried to deactivate the inbox from hubspot (status toggle) to see if the plugin worked on it's own, but with that being inactive it doesn't log any email, with our withough the checkbox ticket in Outlook. 
Any idea? 

0 Me gusta
sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @IreneG 

Are you still looking for assistance on this matter?

-------

Hola @IreneG 

Aún necesitas ayuda con este caso?

Quedo atenta

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @IreneG,

The standard way to manually log emails would be using the BCC or forwarding email address: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IreneG
Participante

resolver

Thanks Karsten. My colleague has installed the outlook plugin to do that with a checkbox, but how do we stop all the emails to sync and create contacts? Thanks again

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @IreneG,

That's unusual. It doesn't seem to be a common problem (see this troubleshooting article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/troubleshoot-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-desktop-add-in).

Have you tested this for a new email address, not yet in the system, and the email is logged into the CRM? Could you test this?

If you've made sure that the box is not checked and that there is no BCC or forwarding address in use, then I would try deinstalling and reinstalling the add-in.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IreneG
Participante

resolver

Thanks for that. That's what I read and what we're aiming, but at the moment it logs all the emails regardless of ticking the boxes or not.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @IreneG,

There is a screenshot in this knowledge base article that shows how you can enable/disable tracking for specific emails in the Outlook add-in: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-des...

Let me know if that's what you're looking for!

Karsten Köhler

IreneG
Participante

resolver

Sorry, I'm very new to Hubspot. E.g. in Salesforce you can have emails saved and not assigned to contacts if the email address doesn't exist there. I only want to save in Hubspot emails I choose to, not all of the emails sent/received in that inbox. For now it'd be fine that it creates a contact if the person it's not there, but only when I select "send to Hubspot". The person using this feature emails a lot of people through the day and half of them are not customers/prospects so no need to have them in the CRM.  Does it makes sense?

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @IreneG,

Could you specify which emails you do not want to sync and create contacts? If you track an email in HubSpot, this must create a contact, the email has to be stored somewhere.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta