Email Marketing Tool

Pike

How to export all contacts that bouned due to 'Recipient didn't exist'

SOLVE

Hi,

I am looking for an easy way to export all contacts where an email bounced due to reason: Recipient didn't exist.

I can see the contacts who bounced due to this reason in a report of a specific mailing but I can not seem to export those contacts.

I have tried:

• Export unsubscribes and bounces --> this report is not very usefull. It only gives me true/false columns. No specific bounce reasons what so ever.
  • Export the bounces of one specific mailing --> This is not very efficient to begin with, because I have to do it for all mailings, but the report is also not very helpfull. In the Hubspot interface the report has a nice overview where I can see the contacts with bounce reason: Hard bounced (Recipient didn't exist). But when I export this view to Excel the columns 'bounce reason' and 'bounce message' are very messy.  They contain 1001 reasons, It lists individual email addresses etc. etc.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, or looking at the wrong report. I hope you guys can help.

Tnx in advance!

Pike

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mwhite051
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @Pike, if you're a marketing customer you can reach out to HubSpot Support and ask for a Bounce Audit. You'll just need to provide a link to a list in your portal, and their team will send you a file that will be an audit on the status of the contact on that list. From there, you can filter in excel to find all of the "Email Unknown/Recipient Didn't Exist" individuals. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
mwhite051
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @Pike, if you're a marketing customer you can reach out to HubSpot Support and ask for a Bounce Audit. You'll just need to provide a link to a list in your portal, and their team will send you a file that will be an audit on the status of the contact on that list. From there, you can filter in excel to find all of the "Email Unknown/Recipient Didn't Exist" individuals. 

Pike

SOLVE

Hi @mwhite051,

I wish there would be a way to do it myself, but I will ask Hubspot support. Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Pike

mwhite051
Top Contributor

SOLVE

My understanding is that the audit requires a lot of internal API calls for HubSpot to pull this data, so it's not an unlimited resource. I've never gotten pushback for requesting one (although the more contacts on the list the longer it takes to process, and there are other ways to reduce clutter in your portal) but it is somethign they've got to monitor to keep in line with their own, internal limitations. 

Pike

SOLVE

@mwhite051 don't you think it is strange that a usefull report that is fully available in the user interface of Hubspot can not be exported to Excel? It would be a great way to clean our CRM database. With a lot of effort I can copy, paste the report in Hubspot to Excel, but I have to clean the whole Excel file (the copy paste action is messy). 

aliciaw
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You can export all of the bounces and unsubscribes from your portal directly from the email dashboard, but the report doesn't include the "bounce reason". It does include some other columns that are useful, too. 

0 Upvotes
Pike

SOLVE

Hi @aliciaw,

Thanks for your reply but I do not find that columns very usefull. It's only true/false columns as I mentioned in my first post.

The bounce reason is very important, that is what I need to decide what to do with the email address (delete it, correct it, ask the customer to white list us etc.) and the contact in the Hubspot database. 

0 Upvotes