Email Marketing Tool

benjaminm

Why can't I delete the email footer in my marketing emails?

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

As a marketer, I would like to delete the email footer section in certains types of emails (emails looking like plain-text emails) but i can't find how 😕 

We are a campany based in France and laws are different than CAN-SPAM. As a BtoB business in our country, we know it's possible to send emails without unsubscribe links.

How can i achieve this ?

Thank you so much for your support !

1 Accepted solution
hannah
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey,

It's not actually possible to send an email from HubSpot without an unsubscribe link. However, it doesn't necessarily need to be in the footer: Where can I add my unsubscribe link besides in the CAN-SPAM module?

Once this is present in the email body, you can remove the footer by deleting the module (usually called Office Location Information) from the template. You just need to make sure that the tokens mentioned under Required Variables here are included somewhere in the email. I'd recommend cloning the template first though, otherwise it will affect other emails using that template.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question! If this is definitely not required in France, you could also suggest the option to remove it on our new ideas forum.

Hannah

Hannah

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
LanceDsouza
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Benjamin,

You should try our SmartReach.io. Its has easy native integration with Hubspot and you hsould be able to achieve the desired outcome easily.

Cheers

Lance

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @LanceDsouza!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
lsirac
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Benjamin, I know a number of French customers with the same issue. Don't hesitate to upvote the idea and comment on it in our Ideas forum to give it more visibility: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Making-the-address-footer-optional-for-countries-with...

Have a nice day,

Lexane

hannah
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey,

It's not actually possible to send an email from HubSpot without an unsubscribe link. However, it doesn't necessarily need to be in the footer: Where can I add my unsubscribe link besides in the CAN-SPAM module?

Once this is present in the email body, you can remove the footer by deleting the module (usually called Office Location Information) from the template. You just need to make sure that the tokens mentioned under Required Variables here are included somewhere in the email. I'd recommend cloning the template first though, otherwise it will affect other emails using that template.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question! If this is definitely not required in France, you could also suggest the option to remove it on our new ideas forum.

Hannah

Hannah
Rik1
Contributor

SOLVE

This is bizarre to me. Hubspot bulk emails are unusable for me because:

A) there is a required footer (which looks like you have sent a bulk email, which is what many of us want to avoid when approaching a number of new potential clients)

B) it is not possible to set an automatic followup email for addresses who do not reply. Yes possible with sequences that costs 500USD per month to activate (which is an insane amount just to get some automated email followups) 

So i need to get a separate email app, SMartreach for example, because Hubspot has these 2 annoying features. 

COuld someone from Hubspot, eg @hannah let us know if we can expect any change in this? 

0 Upvotes
realflash_uk
Participant

SOLVE

This doesn't work any more. The button for the footer is greyed out, regardless of the existence of the unsubscribe link in the body.

hristoboy

SOLVE

Hello there,

it is actually quite possible to send emails without unsubscribe links - you just need to remove it manually every time an email is sent. Is there a way to disable its appearance by default?

Rik1
Contributor

SOLVE

how does one do this, remove it manually? In the edit window of the email i don't see this option

0 Upvotes