Email Marketing Tool

indyandi
Participant

A/B email list separation

SOLVE

When doing an A/B test email, can we send each one to different lists or do we have to rely on Hubspot to split them? For example, if we have our own separate lists can we send the A variant to one list and the B variant to the other list? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @indyandi check out this knowledge article: How to utlizie A/B email testing

It seems that you can either a) rely on HubSpot to select the test groups for your or b) specify a list that you can split 50/50. I don't see the option to set two lists. 

I'm assuming this is so your test groups are random, if you're splitting between specified groups based on contact properties/values it might defeat the purpose of a neutral a/b test.

What is it you're trying to test or evaluate?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @indyandi check out this knowledge article: How to utlizie A/B email testing

It seems that you can either a) rely on HubSpot to select the test groups for your or b) specify a list that you can split 50/50. I don't see the option to set two lists. 

I'm assuming this is so your test groups are random, if you're splitting between specified groups based on contact properties/values it might defeat the purpose of a neutral a/b test.

What is it you're trying to test or evaluate?