Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's the right frequency for sending emails?

In order to build trust and further engage your audience, you need to send the right information at the right time. Keeping this in mind, what's your recommendation on a successful frequency for sending marketing emails? Please elaborate as to why you recommend this in your response.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Email Deliverability lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

473 Respuestas 473
jmmariano
Colaborador

I personally think 2-3 or 2-4 are too much. I would say 1 per week or 2 max, yet still, depends on a lot of factors and the expectations you set for your recipients.

0 Me gusta
anindita
Participante

The right frequency for sending emails it depend on the business demand and situation, but the average frequency values are 2-4 emails per week.

0 Me gusta
2KUMAR
Participante

The right frequency for sending emails can vary depending on several factors, including your audience, the nature of your emails, and your goals. Here are some general guidelines to consider when determining the frequency of your email campaigns:

1. Audience Preferences : Pay attention to your subscribers' preferences. Some audiences may prefer receiving daily updates, while others might find that frequency overwhelming. You could even survey your subscribers to gather their input on how often they would like to receive emails.

2. Content Relevance : Ensure that the content you're sending is valuable and relevant. If you have important and interesting information to share frequently, your subscribers may appreciate more frequent emails. On the other hand, if your content is repetitive or less engaging, a lower frequency might be more suitable.

3. Type of Emails : Different types of emails may warrant different frequencies. For example, promotional emails or special offers might be sent less frequently, while informative newsletters or educational content might be sent more often.

4. Consistency : Consistency is key. Whatever frequency you choose, stick to it. Establishing a consistent schedule helps subscribers know when to expect your emails and reduces the likelihood of unsubscribes due to surprise or annoyance.

5. Testing and Analysis : Experiment with different frequencies and monitor the response rates. Use analytics to track open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates to gauge how well your subscribers are responding to your emails at different frequencies.

6. Segmentation : Divide your email list into segments based on various criteria such as demographics, behavior, or preferences. This allows you to tailor the frequency to each segment, ensuring that you're not overwhelming any particular group.

7. Event-Driven Emails : Consider sending emails based on specific events or triggers, such as a user signing up, making a purchase, or abandoning a cart. These emails can be sent in response to user actions and might not follow a strict frequency.

8. Unsubscribe Rate : Keep an eye on your unsubscribe rate. If you notice a sudden increase in unsubscribes, it might be a sign that your email frequency is too high for some subscribers.

9. Holidays and Special Occasions : During holidays and special occasions, you might want to adjust your email frequency to accommodate increased or decreased activity.

10. Preference Centers : Allow subscribers to choose their preferred email frequency through a preference center. This empowers them to control how often they hear from you.

Remember that there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the "right" frequency for sending emails. It depends on your specific audience and goals. Regularly reviewing your email metrics and adapting your strategy based on subscriber feedback and behavior will help you find the optimal email frequency for your campaigns.

NK1990
Miembro

The right frequency for sending emails it depend on the business demand and situation, but the average frequency values are 2-4 emails per week.

0 Me gusta
RTekasala
Participante

When obtaining permission always have a preference box. I also think that there should be a small questionnaire on what type of content the recipient wants to learn. This way the recipient will only receive valuable information.  I do think twice a week is better. it is said that the best day to send emails is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday middle morning and early afternoon. 

Jhoney
Participante

E-mailing frequency should be appropriate to the goals and expectations of the client, client needs, information relevant for the client and not to burden the client with overloading.

Remaining top of mind yet not desperately seeking engagement.

0 Me gusta
BNikolic3
Miembro

It depends on recipients interests and products or services that he purchased. And of course on the type of email

0 Me gusta
Vojin
Participante

It all comes down to who are we sending it to. Where are they in their journey and where do they fit in the lifecycle segment? What frequency did we set initially therefore what expectations did we set? Every campaign should have a certain norm/default value. This way, we can opt to optimize the campaign along the way and adapt to customers with time. A healthy starting point would be 2 emails per week. 

BrianSteinhoff
Miembro

1-3 times a week depends on the industry yo are in.

0 Me gusta
BAGEJIVWIE
Participante

Personally I would say it depends on a lot of factors when we talk about the frequency of sending marketing emails.

I have built a list of about 3,000 email followers in the recent past. My goal was to market my educational ebook to teachers in my country. For the first week of my campaign, the frequency of my emails was 2-days intervals. 

So for the first week, my new subscribers received about 3 mails.

Then from the very next week, the frequency droped to twice a week intervals.

At week 3, I continued sending a mail per week. 

Reason being that I don't want to over-burden my readers with too many mails.

So, my conclusion here is, one should use discretion when schedulling emails to be sent through an autoresponder, putting yourself at the receiving end, just like our readers.

The frequency of emails is not cast in stone, it is subjective and flexible.

TDang89
Miembro

2-3 emails per week 

0 Me gusta
TPhythian
Participante

2-3 emails per week seems ample.

0 Me gusta
JTuttle1
Colaborador

I would suggest that, if emails are sent out to a general list of contacts, emails should be sent weekly. Any individual contact should not be getting more than 2 emails per week. otherwise, the recipient will quickly get bored and dismiss the emails altogether, lessening overall engagement.

0 Me gusta
jthakur
Miembro

The highest stat appears to be two to three emails sent every week. The corresponding statistics both for once per week and four to five times per week trailed off.

0 Me gusta
Damsy
Participante

I dont know if this is a thing or not, but if the subscriber could chose for themselves, it would be perfect. There would be options in the Opt-in for the subscriber to pick how many emails they'd like to receive in a week or month, then the email marketer could create segments on their list based on this choice.

But, I think 2-3 a week is good. It's consistent enough without being too much. It can be annoying receiving multiple email from a single sender too often. We've all got other emails to read. But we also want to receive enough value from good emails. 2-3 is a good number in my opinion.

JOLUSOLA
Miembro

100%

0 Me gusta
Boko
Participante

Ok so I had to watch this lesson severally, the question of "how often" the emails should be sent still depends on the source of the email. Different recipients with different tastes in email deliverability hence, the frequency is dependent on the source of the contacts.

JValenzuela15
Miembro

The right frequency for sending emails is when the individual allows, interested and ask you about your offer. And the best time for this is in the morning so they can check and see it immediately and who knows might light their day. 

0 Me gusta
skilpatrick
Miembro

It depends on the busisness but for marketing emails I would say between once per week to once every other week. You need to send frequently enough to build a relationship and expectation but if you send too much people will likely feell the overload with everything else in their inbox. Also importatnt is to find out when they like to receive (day and time) and stick to that schedule to build expectation.

OPerez3
Participante

It depends on if they gave you permission to dend them emails and what are their preferences.

0 Me gusta