Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's the right frequency for sending emails?

In order to build trust and further engage your audience, you need to send the right information at the right time. Keeping this in mind, what's your recommendation on a successful frequency for sending marketing emails? Please elaborate as to why you recommend this in your response.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Email Deliverability lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

473 Replies 473
Kartikt11

The right frequency for sending emails varies as per the buyer's journey, then emails should be sent at the right time to the right person (at the right stage of the buyer's journey).

AMoraes

Depends on the customer;s expectation - incase he is signup for for monthly newsletter - than email should be sent once in a month. But incase it is communicated to the user that he would recieve offer, updates related email , then email can be sent twice a week.

MNawaz4

once a week

RMateo8
Participant

receiving too much email than you expected may lost the interest about your offer

jmdiamond76
Contributor

Obviously if someone has agreed to receive a monthly newsletter but then receives weekly e-mails, they may lose trust and cancel their interaction.

0 Upvotes
asadshaheen

once a week.

0 Upvotes
RKaur3

Biweekly

0 Upvotes
Joo

After segmentation, know your contacts and send the right information at the right time. Your content and metric would determine how often you reach out to your contacts.

AnForero

It all depends on the type of market we want to cover or rather the type of company to know if we can do it weekly, biweekly or monthly.

GreenV10
Contributor

I think the frequency depends on our goal and after analyzing your contacts.  Regarding the date to send the email, it all depends and who are your customers. 

0 Upvotes
VVettor

I believe the right frequency as well as the time to send an email will be given by analyzing the metrics and behaviors from the previous emails. Taking into consideration the segmentation, the buyer persona and the stage of the journey they are.

0 Upvotes
ahmedsohail21
Participant

I want to write a strategy for performing emails

It is to look at what Kind of services I'm providing to the contacts and how the emails I'm sending and how the contacts have been interacting with it.  

TCuervo
Participant

Never on Monday morning. Tuesdays  10-12 pm. Every two weeks. 

0 Upvotes
Kelly3310
Contributor

I agree and would add not on Friday either!   Thursday is so-so but not great as people may be gone on Friday and might forget about your e-mail.  Tuesday or Wednesday between 10 and 12 is best!

0 Upvotes
Eddymaron
Participant

This a really great point to taake note of and i totally agree with you.  Also one will need to know if during the express consent stage it was stated the frequency and period mails will be sent. If it was stated then to build trust one must keep to this times or schedules with the contacts.

0 Upvotes
Caroline_03
Participant

The right frequency for sending emails is knowing the source of your contacts, having their consent, and knowing what each contact expects from you.

VUzoma
Contributor

It depends on the goods/service you are providing

0 Upvotes
AsherKabir
Participant

It all depends on the expectations of a recipient which one sets while filling out a form or opting in for our marketing emails. If a recipient opts in for monthly newsletters, then the email reaching his/her inbox should follow the sequence. 

0 Upvotes
OObi8

It depends on the purpose of the email. It is very important to target the expectation towards positive engagement.

0 Upvotes
NCrickett-McG
Contributor

It all depends on the email you send. If you are sending a email tht wil send a code to get % off you will need to send it immediately other wise the expectations will not be met resulting in trust lost. Its all in what the contact expects. Emails should be sent in a timely manner that has been clearly stated in the sign up form. 

0 Upvotes
OBola

It all depends on the goods/services you are providing as well as the segmentation of your contact list

0 Upvotes