Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's the right frequency for sending emails?

In order to build trust and further engage your audience, you need to send the right information at the right time. Keeping this in mind, what's your recommendation on a successful frequency for sending marketing emails? Please elaborate as to why you recommend this in your response.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Email Deliverability lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

473 Replies 473
HasM

Monthly or bi-monthly

0 Upvotes
OIzuogu

It's depends on the kind of business you are into and the number of spam alert you receive

AFischer3

Since we are a blog style website for our restaurant bi monthly or just monthly would be adequate enough to get across important information 

0 Upvotes
kassnerworks
Participant

I think it may depend on the type of content you're sending and under what type of context the person suscribed. Some pages collect emails with the promise of discount coupons, other pages collect emails with the promise of educational content. If it's a company that offers both I'd say:

• For offers or sales emails if it's mandatory I would say 1 per month.
  • For nurturing content 1 per week, bi-monthly or 1 per month ever since people that subscribed might be really interested in it.

But in general terms I think the best is twice per month.

0 Upvotes
Brady_Rife

Frequency of email depends on the scenario, but the one I will elaborate on will be when reaching out to new prospects.

The preferred frquency for this situation would be to send emails in 1, 2, 5, and 10-day increments to ensure the message is being received without being a pestering annoyance.

GraceRose
Participant

Because we're a non-profit, our answer to this is quite different than that of companies, especially those who engage in e-commerce - I think, at least!

We have an "updates" newsletter that is sent bi-weekly to all our constituents (excluding unengaged and other "non-interested" addresses); a bi-weekly message from our President and CEO, for which people have opted-in; another monthly email to organizations with which we "partner" - support in various ways - with resources and news for them.

Other than that, we send emails specific to various segments of our constituency such as women, young adults, families, professionals who work with teens, etc, with event invitations and updates, news of interest, and so on - these are based on event time-frames as opposed to "regularly scheduled."  Some of these lists are very small, but when they're approximately 1000 or more addresses, we also exclude unengaged users.

As for solicitation emails, we limit them in general to 2-3 specific times per year - end of campaign (fiscal) year, end of calendar year, and around some holidays. We also solicit specifically if national or world events occur that we are offering fiscal support for (the war in Ukraine is an example).

I'd be interested to hear what other non-profits are doing as well. 

TDyck1
Participant

We're also a non-profit and rely heavily on email marketing!

One of our biggest lists receives daily devotional emails. Other segments get monthly ministry updates and a monthly round-up of valuable content, usually centred around a specific theme. We also send weekly updates to a smaller segment that is signed up for our online streaming service.

During campaign seasons, however, emails are even more frequent—often daily, with multiple sends on the final day depending on engagement.

0 Upvotes
MAGonzales-Zr

For general emailing, the right frequency is bi-monthly for awareness customers and weekly for consideration and decision stage customers. 

BIkechi

Let say it depend on the offer, your fequencey for sending email narrow done to your targeted audience expectations and performance.

0 Upvotes
mcawley
Contributor

Michael @etoro
Please admitted my personal name After finished reading text
Michael
Been changing down for the first year ear I wasn't sure what I get a profitable comeback looking at the sticks and the highs of the market change. Is one of the exchanger of my time I'm an hour's work to to reach a high market Streets meet the market most of the time.
I was Eraning very low margins but over long time as well as 1-out of  7 losses I was working at still 7% at a high rate I feel good about this and look forward to the future most of my time is looking at margins  at home busy companies which either or not markets shopping centres and  cars sercivce most of the time wreck-it up cost and living expenses but more profits like each other is where are I depend on my income.
0 Upvotes
NathanTessema
Participant

This mainly depends on your list and what your business is based around. 2-3 times a week is a regular amount which people wont think is spam as long as you are providing valuable and helpful content in at least 2 of the emails.

AMulechi
Participant

Thanks for the information. It has educated me.

0 Upvotes
AWang8
Contributor

As one who works in admissions, I believe that the frequency of emails is dependent upon the point in the enrollment funnel.  During the fall, when we are attracting prospective families, monthly or bi-monthly emails are most often sufficient as there are other touch points.  However, in the spring, when we are trying to yield accepted families in a short amount of time, targeted weekly emails seem to be helpful.  

AMulechi
Participant

Great information.

0 Upvotes
Iwuese

No matter how beneficial the value you're trying to communicate is, if it is not received by a willing audience it can be a waste of time. So the frequency of the emails should be determined by the audience's opt-in.

AMulechi
Participant

Exactly

0 Upvotes
rosariorosalyn

We have to check the offer.
Let's say, for example, you're offering an information product and it's an evergreen type... The frequency would most likely be 3x per day until the closing of the program.

However, if your goal is to nurture the contacts, 1 email a day is good. Or 3 emails per week

mmsumons
Participant

This is a question that gets asked quite often. There are many factors to consider when answering this query, such as your email software program and how it handles attachments or spam filters on its end-but we're going with what you know best: yourself!

It seems like everyone has an opinion about which frequency works best for them; some say they prefer sending emails daily, while others feel the need only arises once per week (or less). The truth, of course, lies somewhere in-between these two extremes because no one will ever really >know< exactly where "enough" falls. The number of emails you send out per month can have a huge impact on how successful your campaigns are. It's important to find that balance between too many messages and not enough, so it might take some time before everyone reaches their desired goal with this strategy accounted for in the beginning !!!

DKathleenB

Frequency of sending  marketing emails depends on the expectations of your target audience. They shoud be aware of what they've signed up for.

0 Upvotes
DWright2
Participant

It depends on the expectations and permisions of the target audience.

UEzeZeechenna
Participant

Email frequency is as important as its determinants. Recepients' expectations are one of those determining factors.