Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's the right frequency for sending emails?

In order to build trust and further engage your audience, you need to send the right information at the right time. Keeping this in mind, what's your recommendation on a successful frequency for sending marketing emails? Please elaborate as to why you recommend this in your response.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Email Deliverability lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

473件の返信
lmoore0
メンバー

As HubSpot stated, the most succesful frequency would be through triggered campaigns, that way there is context in the act of sending (they completed email 1 and took an action > that provides the context for email 2 to be sent etc)

Outside of that they need to set expectations early. No specific frequency was given, because the frequency is going to be subjective based on segments

nadiaaldoheyan
投稿者

be sure your content is clear and elaborate to the topic you talked about before

0 いいね!
MStrickland
メンバー

I think bi-weekly, or monthly is plently, unless your subscriber was initially given the option to select the frequency at which they receive communication. If that's the case, you'd be smart to not exceed that amount until they request otherwise. A reader who selected monthly communication will most likely get annoyed with daily updates clogging their email; especially if the content is not quality or relevent to the reader. 

CStansall
メンバー

Frequency depends on the segment of contacts. Let each segment know what they expect to receive and how often.  

MPoynton
参加者

This depends completely on the expectation set by different contacts.

VoncyJones9000
投稿者

The right timing is everything.

0 いいね!
pkumar0075
参加者

frequency would be wait for 2-3 days 

0 いいね!
MTamayo
メンバー

the frequency will depend on the expectation set by the customer when they opted in

0 いいね!
AChansamooth
投稿者

I've seen some businesses that send daily whilst others send monthly. I think at a minimum monthly is a good guideline any longer than that can mean your subscribers forget who you are.

0 いいね!
JBrady
メンバー

I think weekly is good. Most of the time companies send me marketing emails and I ignore them because they are sent several times a week. If a company send me something weekly or less I am more interested in looking at it because I do not get a lot of email from them .

0 いいね!
SMGD
参加者

I personally think that more than one email a week is too much.  I get hoards of emails from the same people every other day in my inbox.  There is nothing of value in them, and the only thing they do is try and sell me something.  It normally takes me about 2 weeks of this, and I am clicking on the unsubscribe link.

0 いいね!
asherrmann
メンバー | Platinum Partner
メンバー | Platinum Partner

It depends on the source of these contacts and if they have positive or negative engagement with your emails. After determining the type of engagement your emails receive, you can set the frequency to match the expectations of these segmented contacts. 

0 いいね!
MrGhara
メンバー

Based on my own experience and analyzing all the emails I receive in my inbox, it depends on your type of business and the content you send it could be once a week (more than that would be annoying), once or twice a month (more than that the effect would be less) and occasionally when you have a new feature or any updates.

0 いいね!
OA
メンバー

It depends of the frecuency I can offer to my costumers.

0 いいね!
Zaftab
メンバー

The frequency of email depends from one company to another. The ideal frequency that I feel like should be bi-monthly featuring all the relevant updates. 

0 いいね!
NPearl
メンバー

Weekly.

0 いいね!
shivsankari
メンバー

1. No matter how cautious you are with your emails, [inlinetweet hashtags=”emailmarketing” handle=”Omnisend”]by sending too few promotional emails you miss the opportunity to sell more[/inlinetweet]. This is a fact.
  2. The more emails you send, the more visible your brand is. Even if customers do not open your email, it helps to stay at the front of their mind.
  3. Rarely sending emails may put your reputation at risk. Consistency and frequency are important in building your online reputation.
  4. Your subscribers will forget about you if you do not engage with them for a while.
0 いいね!
TDuhart
メンバー

Verifiable permission and alignning around expectations

0 いいね!
KattieUyenDinh
メンバー

I think it depends on whom you will send the email to, where they are in the buyer's process and what they expect from us. It can be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or by every two months. Because if we don't base on that information, we can make some people feel that your organization is not trustworthy or spamming their email.

0 いいね!
RJansen
投稿者

My recommendation on a successful frequency would be to start out as good informed and open as you could and followingly track performance of the emails send. Also analyze why contacts unsubscribe, since this might have to do with the frequency. The frequency is not an upfront fixed number, but has to be deducted from your audience, since this will be different for every business and could be different for every contact.
In sum = start out, collect data, analyze and improve for success 🙂 

0 いいね!
JeffSyblik
投稿者

I think of it like this, emails are analogous to relationships. 

There are some people who are in your life every day, some you see once a week at the grocery store, others you see on holidays, and some you only see on special occasions. 

The option and reminder at the footer of each email should remind people of your trust and transparency in their decision. 

Something like this footer will go a long way:

Thanks in advance for opening this email or opening it and clicking on the helpful resources we provide for you, our subscribers.  You guys are the best!  Feel free to let us know how we are doing by clicking here to take our survey.  If at any time you want to change your subscribing options to receive less or more of our content, click here. 

Personally, I can think of no one I want to subscribe to that every day shoots me an email.  So, I wouldn't even think of this option.  Weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannually, and annually would be the times you would see a person, so I think email should have the same availabilities. 

If someone decides on quarterly, biannually, or annually content frequency, you know this is someone whom you aren't providing value to and that means you need a new strategy or to let them go with the understanding that they were only in your business for a season.   

0 いいね!