Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of a lead nurturing campaign in action?

Lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with your prospects with the goal of earning their business when they’re ready. But remember, marketing automation isn’t a “set it and forget it” shortcut to more revenue. It’s an opportunity to scale the way you communicate with your potential customers, as long as you send emails that add value, not ask for it.

Keeping this in mind, what's an effective example of marketing automation in action? This can be an email series you've created or an email series that you've experienced from a company you engage with.

*To learn more about this, check out the Developing Relationships With Lead Nurturing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

310 Replies 310
MKumar0
Participant

Yahh
0 Upvotes
nmonroe
Participant

Leaving items in a cart or reviewed can be tricky, but I would offer a deal (free shipping or 5$ off orders 25$+) to further encourage the customer to purchase the item.

0 Upvotes
RJansen
Contributor

Hi nmonroe! Regarding your post, I saw an interesting way to help contacts / customers be reminded on what's still in their shopping cart on a Skillshare course. In the course, that specific company sold clothing, but it could be used iin different fields. In the course, instead of lowering the price, an email could be send with a reminder that there are still items in the cart and sending this message in a creative way. It worked for one of the companies on there, might work for you. So you still reach the same goal, without losing money on it. Thought I just share the tip!

0 Upvotes
LMcLean
Contributor

An example of lead nurturing would be when I go to Amazon's website and view a specific product or product category.  I don't make a purchase at that time, however, a day or two later, I will receive an email showing other items in that same product line that they state in their email "I may like". This typically leads me back to their website for further review of the considered product.

0 Upvotes
abhijeetgaurav5

An example would be a set of emails that informed me of the importance of social media engagement and the ways it would make my social media presence grow. Each email provided a specific blog post that related to the email (and tips) and eventually it ended with CTA of m
GNecastro

An example of lead nurturing would be following the contact throughout their buyer's journey and sending information that is relevant to them based off the stage they're in. 

CCrisler

Giving your students the best way to learn something. 

Mnav
Participant

An example could be when a fitness center has decided to start online fitness sessions and have sent out emails to their current clients informing them of the same. To further delight their clients into joining them, they provide free/discounted sessions if they coaxed  their loves ones into taking up a session or two with a customized code.

TMaria
Participant

An example could be a university reaching out to me. I made action by searching for master's degrees. Next, I  receive added value emails on upcoming start dates or scholarships.

MDixon3
Participant

A great example is through Career Foundry. I was interested in taking their UX program. To help make sure it's a good fit before I fully jumped in. They suggested I take their 6 part mini course via email. I received one email once a day across a 6 day period. Every email contained insightful and helpful information on what & how UX is applied. A fantastic way to build trust over a 6 day period, using automation.  

ELDinCT

An example is when I host my free artist workshops, I create tags in mailchimp of the people who signed up that have attended and a tag for those who signed up and no-showed. Recipients receive the recording and a free resource like a guide or worksheet along with my calendly link to book an enrollment call.
AMcIntyre

If a constituent has attended one of our performances, I would send an automatic thank you email the next day. A few weeks later, I might send them another email informing them of upcoming shows and events.

LAkers

Example of marketing automation in action would be if I opened an account with an online clothing store, and automatically emailed me afterwards giving me a 10%off discount code. 

SAMUEL6

yes

0 Upvotes
jcorona64
Participant

When I deposit money into my Fan Duel account the next email is usually a contest for a sport I'm known to place bets in. They'll personalize the email with my accounts name, asking me questions about the upcoming games. 

TMustapha
Participant

An example is a first hand experience with hubspot academy. I think teaching by leading your student to follow, is the best learning experience and can also be used as an example of lead nurturing
evalopez

An example would be a set of emails that informed me of the importance of social media engagement and the ways it would make my social media presence grow. Each email provided a specific blog post that related to the email (and tips) and eventually it ended with CTA of me to enroll in the course.