Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What does email look like through the buyer's journey?

Different content will appeal to different buyers at different stages of the buying process. For example, someone in the awareness stage of the buying process will be looking for more educational content versus someone in the decision stage who is looking for more information on making a purchase or speaking with sales.

Keeping this in mind, share what you think is a successful example of email through the buyer's journey. This can be a hypothetical or real example.

In the comments below, share:

• Awareness stage email
  • Consideration stage email
  • Delight stage email

*To learn more about this, check out the Sending the Right Email lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

621 Replies 621
Eddymaron
Participant

This is an amazing example. The human and helpful approach used on the considreation stage is so appliling and entizing follwed by the jucy discount of 15%. you have earned this customers trust and more 👍. perfect understanding for me now. thanks 

0 Upvotes
EFlorence
Participant

Awareness Stage:  Introduce the brand or product to gain interest in what you have to offer. Emails can be entertaining and educational content like blog articles, videos, or infographics that highlight the expertise and personality of the brand or product.

Consideration Stage: Show off your product's features and benefits, include customer testimonials and offer a free trial.

Decision Stage: Help people make the final choice to buy by offering special offers, promotions, and personalized recommendations.

Sending emails that match where people are at in their buying journey keeps them engaged and excited about what you offer.

GreenV10
Contributor

I like the fact that in the awareness stages, you proposed to send content to familiarize yourself with the products. 

I see the three stages as a relation. First, you meet the person and get to know them. Second, you offer them something. Third, is time for a date with them. 

0 Upvotes
ahmedsohail21
Participant

I'm a mad video gaming geek. For me, this email journey will be.

• Awareness stage:- Lastest AMD Radeon cards released.
  • Consideration stage:- Hello, We saw you checking out our website and subscribing to our Newsletter for the Latest Amd cards.  Thanks for Subscribing, Here are the Prices for the card.
  • Decision stage:- We are offering 15% off On the cards if you pre-order and free shipping countrywide.
0 Upvotes
DR236200

I'm a huge fan of everything BBQ. For me, this email journey would like this:

• Awareness stage: new bbq grills being offered 
  • Consideration stage: we saw you checking out the newest pellet grill. click here to learn more or get an in-depth review from our experts
  • Decision stage: we're offering 10% off that grill you were looking for and if you buy today, you get free shipping
VUzoma
Contributor

• Awareness stage: this include a welcome email and emails trying to get into the person mind
  • Consideration stage: may include email try to make the person know more about the product
  • Decision stage: emails trying to help the person to have easy purchase
DakshBhargava8
Participant

hey patron,

• Awareness stage email: this could be a welcoming email, like getting someone to know about your product.
  • Consideration stage email: this email will look like you telling your USP and specification about your product.
  • Delight stage email: this could like related to offers,sales and about making the email reader buy something by CTA.

pranaykmr09

Awareness Stage: Introduction of product or services and  educating the pros and cons.

Consideration Stage: Provide some value added points or benefits at large.

Decision Stage: Show brand values, customer relations and testimonials to build trust to try the company's product or services.

0 Upvotes
MCox6

Awareness: get to know your consumer and their needs by requesting information.

Consideration: Offer choices relevant to their needs.

Descision: Explain how products or services can meet the needs of clients.

0 Upvotes
OObi8

At the awareness stage, the product is advertised to buyer and the benefits and special packages involved are also made known to him/her.

At the consideration stage, the buyer decides whether the product suits his taste or not and then makes the important decision of buying the goods. 

At the decision stage, he/she finally decides to buy the goods and the benefits like discounts are given to him accordingly.

0 Upvotes
AsherKabir
Participant

At the awareness stage of the buyer's journey, our intent is to introduce a recipient to our product or service. An email at this stage can be an Introductory email, an educational email or an Invitation email to attend any live event or webinar. 

At Connsideration stage, buyer is already aware of the product or service but thinking about whether or not make a purchase. An email campaign at this stage would be

Case Studies, which shows how our product or service has helped our customers.

Comparison Results: It shows how our product and service is preferrable to other products or services in the same niche. 

Product Demo; Where a prospect can be invited to take a free trial of a product or services before making the purchase.

Delight or Decision Stage: At this stage our prospect is ready to make a purchase. An email campaign at this stage would focus on:

Special Discount: Which motivates the potential customer to go the purchase. 

Follow-up Email: If a potential customers has placed an item in one's cart, but not made a purchase yet them a follow-up email can be used to make him remind. 

Personalized Email: If a customer has placed an order, he has clearly shown his interest in a specific product or service. This interest can be used to send him customized tailored email regarding the same and upgraded version of a product. 

0 Upvotes
TRaymond
Participant

Awareness Stage: Welcome email and company & product introduction. (Brand awareness.)

Consideration Stage: Newsletter, Blog, white papers, videos, and testimonials from active customers. (Product's significance and effectiveness.)

Decision Stage: Unique offers and opportunities, new product release. Connect with us. (Action)

Irtazat

Awareness Stage:

Hi Justin,

I noticed you are searching for a job. You are applying for a job but haven't received any responses, yet. I was thinking that you might reconsider your job search strategies. It's the digital era and so, just sending out your resumes isn't going to work.....

Consideration Stage:

Hi Justin,

I see you are figuring out ways to search for a job. To add further, consider managing content on LinkedIn and formatting your resume, based on the job description.......

Decision Stage:

Hi Justin,

To help you out with your job search, I could assist you with resume write-ups and content management. In fact, by applying my techniques, I gain 2 times more interaction and offers.  Also, I could provide you with a consultation offer. 

AMuchoki
Participant

Here is a hypothetical example of an email marketing campaign that could be used throughout the buyer's journey:

Awareness stage email: Subject line: "Are you struggling with allergies?"

Dear [customer],

Do you find yourself sneezing and sniffling during allergy season? If so, you're not alone. Millions of people suffer from allergies each year. But what if I told you there was a way to alleviate your allergy symptoms without relying on over-the-counter medications? .....

Consideration stage email: Subject line: "Why [product name] is the best allergy relief solution"

Dear [customer],

Thanks for expressing interest in [product name]! We're confident that our natural allergy relief solution is the best option on the market for reducing sneezing, itching, and other allergy symptoms. Here's why: ....

Delight stage email: Subject line: "Thank you for choosing [product name]"

Dear [customer],

We wanted to reach out and say thank you for choosing [product name] as your allergy relief solution. We hope you're seeing the benefits of using a natural product and are enjoying relief from your allergy symptoms.

If you have any questions or need any assistance with using our product, don't hesitate to reach out. Our customer support team is here to help.

Thank you again for your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards

PawanBhagat
Participant

A successful example of email through the buyer's journey which I think of is the one which is specific & time driven. For example if I was looking for sending an international gift hamper & happenned to browse through a few & later dropped off, it would be great for me to receive an email that reminds me to browse again or suggest me a few better options as per my browsing history, along with maybe a discount code to further make me buy the product/ gift.

In my case

• Awareness stage: Welcome, Education, List of products on offer & Categories
  • Consideration stage: Connect with us, Offers & Discounts
  • Delight/Decision stage: Special Offers, Promotions & Membership 
EriHariono
Participant

This is a great example based on real potential customer's needs and point of view.

I encourage every marketers and business owners to always position themselves in their client's (or customer's) needs and point of view instead of the other way around.

0 Upvotes
MarshubDC

Awareness Stage- Education, nurturing, a reminder of your offers.

Consideration Stage- Deeper education of your offers, constant reminders, discount and offers that will drive them to obey your CTA, testimonials, and case studies.

Decision Stage- More compelling offers, further reminder of what your product or service can do for them, more testimonials, reviews.

0 Upvotes
GBogikian

• Awareness stage: Welcome, Education, Free Resources, insights into the brand and products/services offered, customer feedback
  • Consideration stage: Newsletter, Blog, more education, connect with us, photo, video
  • Delight/Decision stage: Special Offers, Promotions, Connect with us! 
BAllen18
Contributor

Awareness Stage: Welcome, Education, Free Resources

Consideration: More Education, Connect with us, Call, Video, Short Video Demo

Delight Stage: Offers, Promotions Connect WIth us

0 Upvotes
TCNaidoo

My opinion on the each stage through the buyers journey: 
Awarness Stage: Welcome Email; Brief insight into the brand and product of interest - allow the consumer to provide feedback and interact with the awarness stage. 

Consideration Stage: Information on the product; showcase the product; the features and benefits

Delight Stage: Unique offers, promotions

MZuhair

Awareness Stage: welcome email and brief/introduction about the product.

Consideration stage: Newsletter, Content like a webinar, and your brand at large.

Decision stage: unique offers, new product release