Jul 11, 2021 4:08 PM - edited Aug 12, 2021 8:55 AM
Different content will appeal to different buyers at different stages of the buying process. For example, someone in the awareness stage of the buying process will be looking for more educational content versus someone in the decision stage who is looking for more information on making a purchase or speaking with sales.
Keeping this in mind, share what you think is a successful example of email through the buyer's journey. This can be a hypothetical or real example.
In the comments below, share:
*To learn more about this, check out the Sending the Right Email lesson via HubSpot Academy.
Aug 9, 2021 2:11 PM
Awareness: email with educational content
Consideration: email with offer to download free workbooks/samples
Delight: email congratulating customer on purchase and offering a discount for future purchases
Aug 9, 2021 11:37 AM
For my example, I will use a commercial furniture client that is strictly B2B:
1) Awareness stage: I would first identify these people as cold contacts or prospects, someone who knows about the company but has not yet engaged with a project. I would send them the educational information about the trends in office space/the 5 things you need to know when selecting a furniture vendor.
2) Consideration stage: This group would include prospects that have received a presentation or proposal, but have not made a purchase. I would send them recently completed projects, specifically how they helped the client reach their goals. I would also send them information on our process and how it solves their pain points.
3) Delight: Thank you email, including did you know/how they helped the company and an opportunity to complete a survey about their experience.
Aug 5, 2021 10:25 PM
Awareness: Thank the contact for showing interest in the product, send them more information, tell them you will reach out to them at a date in the future.
Consideration: Enquire if the contact needs more information, offer them a product demo
Delight: follow up with the contact to check they have everything they need, give a free gift
Aug 5, 2021 3:11 PM
Aug 5, 2021 8:29 AM
1) Awareness stage: I'll be sending them an email containing information about who we are wnd what we offer
2) Consideration stage: I'll probably add specific pricing and products.
3) Decision stage: I'll send them my compelling Audience stats and deadline
Aug 4, 2021 6:50 PM
Awareness- Customer knows about my website/company. They have decided to join our generic email that is sent to every potential customer.
Consideration- They are considering us and we personalize the email more to their needs.
Delight- Thank them for choosing or considering us. Usually when they decide to be a customer
Aug 3, 2021 12:30 PM
1. The awareness stage: customers are aware of our business and want to know more about the services that we provide, thus theyve opted into emails that would send them deals or promotions, new services, or emphasizing the services that they are intersted in looking at. At this stage, the email would give more information that would help the customer come to a decision.
2. Consideration: A customer has reached out to learn more about a certian procedure and they may want more information to solidify their decision. They may reach out with specific questions targeted towards that. In this stage, the email we want to send may provide resrources or opportunities to chat with sales or specialists. We may also send them reminder emails about the product or sevice they're considering.
3. Delight: This stage, we want to thank the customer for using our service, and possibly offer incentives to keep them engaged. WE may also send a feedback form to geather more information about their experience, which will help us tailor future emails about products and sercvices they'r more likely to try. We may also send recommmedation emails based on the service.
Aug 2, 2021 3:06 PM
I am a company that sells budget holidays during the summer and all times through the year.
Awareness stage: I want them to subscribe or simply provide their email address so I can provide them with some attractive deals with people looking joyful and great scenery. In the design of the email it would be beneficial for the company to design an eye catching logo. I could change the colour of the logo for different countries as it might appear on a map or a car that is made in their. My advertising would boldly project the perks and attach a slogan (ie cheaper and safer than thomsons etc). During this stage I would want them to fill a form so my database can match up to their best needs for a holiday.
The consideration stage would provide an email or emails of the most exciting resorts within the affordability bracket. I would provide links to previous reviews and pictures of the happy holiday goers partying in the clubs or on the beach. My business model would want to include and prioritise some of the most immediate bookings and largely availiable vacancies to stay.
The delight stage would include a large thank you email with special fonts along with a video from the head of sales or chairman assuring customer satisfaction and security is the prime concern of the travel consultation. The email would also provide more offers for discounts for friends, family or three year membership with the organisation. I would also include a refund notice if the buyer would change his or her mind. At the bottom there would be a chat facility if they had any more questions to pose to customer service.
Aug 1, 2021 10:54 PM
Aug 1, 2021 8:59 PM
For a podcast:
Awareness Stage- an email with a curated list of recommended episodes and information about the hosts
Decision Stage- an email promoting the latest episode drop with background on the guest
Delight Stage- an email thanking them for listening with an option to leave a review
Aug 1, 2021 6:06 AM
Jul 31, 2021 6:28 AM
I am working for an international learning center and as my company, we will have different types of email for each buyer's journey
- Awareness stage email: we will let them sign up for content series and share weekly educational news to them
- Consideration stage email: we will send them monthly email about something related to our company's news like opening new learning centers, marketing new products, offering new promotions or sharing new content series
- Delight stage email: we will send them monthly email about student's work, next month's educational plan, detailed new campaign with promotion
Jul 30, 2021 5:02 AM
Example: B2B / law firms
- Awareness stage email: thought piece - such as a legal checklist covering a specific business area
- Consideration stage email: webinar invite showcasing our legal team
- Delight stage email: invite to client drinks
Jul 30, 2021 3:41 AM
With regard to our school activities and attracting new parents and students;
- awareness stage : send Emails to contacts regarding school activities, school values, educational outcomes and more
- consideration stage : send Emails to contacts regarding ''open houses'', webinars and parent testimonials
- delight stage : send an Email to welcome to the school and a clear CTA for evaluation of the process. After this email, (momentarily) all further communication will be executed by another department and through the use of social media
Jul 29, 2021 2:13 PM
Regarding a PR and digital firm:
Awareness stage: educate contact re: services offered
Consideration stage: provide real-life testimony/feedback from organizations that have benefitted from services offered
Delight stage: provide contact with an organization-specific perk/discount/shareable content to post on social media platforms
Jul 29, 2021 6:26 AM
Awareness stage email:
maybe show some testimonials
consideration stage email:
why we might be better
delight stage email:
emphasis on great benefits