What contact information is important for your business to capture?

Champion
HubSpot Employee

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

318 Replies 318
NWilson02

I run a virtual receptionist/customer service company, so for me the most important thing is whether or not a company needs someone to just answer the phone and take a message or follow a specialized script that breaks down a company's info and assists callers on a platform. 

So, finding a way to get that done is really important. 

0 Upvotes
MGater

We collect...

• Contact infomation
  • Customer's placement within journey (from prospect to purchased)
0 Upvotes
Rimk
Participant

We collect following infos :

- Full name

- Socio-professionnal category they belong to (income)

- Customer's intentions regarding the service or product (stage of buyer journey)

0 Upvotes
SHubdarKazmi

collecting and evaluating both explicit and implicit information in a systematic way

0 Upvotes
PThompson20895

Goals of the prospective business

demongraphics of employees

0 Upvotes
LKhan
Participant

Data would like to collect

Name

Occupation

buyer's interest

0 Upvotes
dcameron5
Contributor

I'm new so I don't know a lot, but I know we collect data that reflects where a user is in their buyer's journey. As in, are they an MQL (marketing qualified lead) or an SQL (sales qualified lead). MQLs might be people who have asked to download a handbook about our marketing automation products. An SQL might be someone who has contacted us after reading that handbook requesting a demonstration. We send emails appropriate to the two different types of potential customers. 

0 Upvotes
mayurpatil0709

We can collect clients Email,First name,Last name,Location,Industry.

0 Upvotes
rasis
Participant

Behaviour of Users.

0 Upvotes
Vcugrad13

The buyer's journey could help layer segmented emails.

0 Upvotes
Maryvanessa

Collecting right information of the clients which includes their name, location, address etc.

Depends on the company we work for, we may ask them some relevant questions about it.

0 Upvotes
MMarquez4

I collect location, email, age, telephone and products-services in which you are interested.

0 Upvotes
debbieCAM

Collect email, name, size of storage unit and purpose of storage. These are key info for me.

0 Upvotes
RParkin

We collect, name, email, contact number, location, what products/services they are interested in. We are looking to better qualify customers and filter out spam

KFox3141

Name, email, phone, programs of interest, programs participated in, address, local/nonlocal (business in tourist location)

StewartC

What interests them

0 Upvotes
SMaheshwari

name

content they read

most viewed pages

STan5

What my company can do is to collect information on the buyer's journey. We currently don't have that, and usually because our customers are in for the long-term, we're always puzzled as to why there are drop outs.

Putting this on forms, or a field for them to input 'what I'm looking for' or 'what do I want to do' would be good

0 Upvotes
Abby_Taylor
Contributor

What are some of the questions that can help you understand your buyers' journey

0 Upvotes
NGOCAN1998

- Name

- Date of birth

- Email Address

- Services of interest