Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What contact information is important for your business to capture?

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,010 Replies 1,010
ROpton

Most importantly, an email address and full name so we can directly connect with customers. Additionally, the source of connection is important for analyzing behavior further down the line.

Josephorji
Participant

Getting customers' full names will allow more personalized communication and help address them correctly. Also, capturing social media handles or profiles allows businesses to connect with customers through social media channels. Oh yeah, and the most important, of course, is email.

Josephorji
Participant

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment

Dason82
Participant

Getting customers' full names will allow more personalized communication and help address them correctly. Also, capturing social media handles or profiles allows businesses to connect with customers through social media channels. Oh yeah, and the most important, of course, is email.

Avtar
Participant

Verified email addresses, WhatsApp connections, and names, as well as what they are interested in, as I provide various services. Collecting the necessary information about the client in order to deliver the appropriate emails in the proper time.

RayXchange

Verified Email address, whatsapp contacts and NAmes and what they are interested in as i offer different services

FEugene6

Getting a verflied email address.

KCOLE1958

It is important for my business to capture demographics, income and interest information.

NIKNOVEB1
Participant

Collecting the right information about the client to help send the right emails at  the right time.

VVerdin

The right information would be anything relvelant from client.  Name, email, comapny,  birthday, work anniversary, likes, dislikes, favorite food, sport, hobbies, and shopping habits. All explicit ans implicit data can help build content around user. 

SYonker

- whether they have made a donation or not (we're a nonprofit)

- whether they have attended one of our events

- whether they have awareness of our leader (he's our chief communicator)

- what city/state/country they live in (we're national and global) 

- whether they are interested in having our chief communicator speak in their city

RReuhl

Gathering their whole name and what their needs are is important information to gather from customers.

DiDiFy

As a start up, I personally would prefer to collect some basic information ranging from the demographic data such as location to contact information such as name and email.

That way, I would better personalize my communication with my potential customers and to better understand the interface and analytics of my choice Email Service Provider (ESP).

The idea is to demand for fewer information from the potential customer, as demanding for too many information would be a turn off for some people.

Simopedia
Contributor

To better segment emails, businesses can collect important contact information such as basic demographics (name, age, gender, location), contact details (email, phone), purchase history, engagement data (opens, clicks, website visits), preferences and interests, customer lifecycle stage, and industry/ job role if applicable. Transparency and obtaining consent are essential when collecting and using customer data.

gagandeepgarg

will you please elaborate on how can we track a particular emails behavior regarding engagement i am very much interested in that sector

Simopedia
Contributor

To track the engagement of a specific email, you can use metrics such as open rate, click-through rate, conversion rate, bounce rate, and unsubscribe rate. These metrics provide insights into the effectiveness of your email campaigns and the level of interest and interaction from recipients. Email marketing platforms and tools offer built-in analytics for tracking these metrics. Additionally, using UTM parameters in your email links allows for more detailed tracking of specific clicks and conversions. Monitoring and analyzing these engagement metrics help optimize future email campaigns and make data-driven decisions.

thekritish

I want to collect minimalistic information to study my audience.

Name & Email would be fine for starting

KHoffheimer

Name, Company, Position, E-mail, Phone Number

KZikriyokhon

Name, age, gerder, location, age, occupation and etc

ksipun07

First Name, Last Name, Age, **bleep**, Martial Status, Location, Occupation etc

BCrane

Email, first & last name, age, gender, company, occupation (depending on what your offering), and marital status. You can obtain all kinds of data.