Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What contact information is important for your business to capture?

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,010 Replies 1,010
MixCandidLLC

name, personal contact info, business name/address/#/url

idaniel
Participant

collecttion of name , address website name, location of office , phone number and finally email address 

Frangelica
Participant

I collect:
Full name

Job title

Email address

Mobile number

Website URL

Stage of buyer journey

Purchases (if any, with date and value)

Lead referral 
Industry

Comments / notes

YBodine
Participant

name address phone company name etc

Andmil13

I'm going to gather: Full name, email address, phone number, company name, job title, and location. 

ashraf072

Name

Contact no.

PAlice98

We offer a service for schools, so we need to separate them into some categories: the methodology they use, who are the coordinators, the school calendar they use, and what kind of programs they offer to the students.

ipek

Name, title, company, company employee number, what kind of e-commerce they're into, state, number.

RTREVIÑO

We currently don't have a email strategy, per se. But we are collecting information like contact information: name, company, telephone, email, and every interaction, like phone calls, emails and Whatsapp communications. 

But they are not in a segmented way, the data it's just there. So it can be sometimes difficult to read, and it's not available for automatize a strategy.

We also gather company revenues, number of employees, if they have rotation, if they have a sistematized process, etec.

EDavis7

Behavioral things, like what they engaged with and/or bought from us before, and what page or funnel they opted in through
I don't like the location thing, because what if the person wants to take a trip to a different climate, or move to one, or send gifts or donations to someone elsewhere? What if they don't live in a place where it is already popular, but would be an innovator or early adopter in their area and it turns out to be helpful to people there? That has happened to me before, finding things not geared to my area that were great and others liked them too, but it was hard to get here.

AmyP5

Name, Title, Company, DD phone, Co Phone, Mobile, City, State, Division, Notes, etc.

cmares
Contributor

We collect first touch and the emails that they interact with and more. This is great for understanding how we can cater to their needs through the products we offer.

saamiasyed

Contact information that is important to capture is what the customer's or buyer's interests are and to deal with them through marketing strategy. Using it for business would be essential to making it more successful.

OlufemiSoyinka
Participant

I will collect:

Full Name

Phone Number (especially active Whatsapp number)

Company Name

Position in the company

JovanLester

We will collect customer demographics and other relevant information which are protected by HIPAA.

AKoperska
Participant

I will focus at a random brand selling consumer goods, for example: jewellery.

Database for newletter should include: First Name, E-mail address, Location, Purchase history 

It would be perfect if we could additionaly get to know: Surname, Jewellery preferences (silver/gold etc.), Family members/Relationship status

SPaloma

We collect customer info, location, interests (to help with recommending deals that they may want to purchase)

sof_tid
Contributor

Location, profession, goals, company's URL, previous behavior/purchases, etc.

NWilson02

I run a virtual receptionist/customer service company, so for me the most important thing is whether or not a company needs someone to just answer the phone and take a message or follow a specialized script that breaks down a company's info and assists callers on a platform. 

So, finding a way to get that done is really important. 

MGater

We collect...

• Contact infomation
  • Customer's placement within journey (from prospect to purchased)
Rimk
Participant

We collect following infos :

- Full name

- Socio-professionnal category they belong to (income)

- Customer's intentions regarding the service or product (stage of buyer journey)