Jul 11, 2021 4:02 PM - edited Aug 12, 2021 8:52 AM
A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?
*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy.
Jan 17, 2022 1:00 AM
What my company can do is to collect information on the buyer's journey. We currently don't have that, and usually because our customers are in for the long-term, we're always puzzled as to why there are drop outs.
Putting this on forms, or a field for them to input 'what I'm looking for' or 'what do I want to do' would be good
Jan 14, 2022 8:43 PM
- Full name
- Email address
- Services of interest
- When do the customers purchase?
- Identify the customer's placement (awareness/consideration/decision)
Jan 10, 2022 9:01 AM
Jan 9, 2022 8:31 PM
From a financial standpoint, my industry would collect the following information:
- phone number
- email address
- average annual income
- lifestyle goals
- financial goals
Jan 9, 2022 7:33 AM
So, in my perspective, my business will collect the following information:
Jan 7, 2022 6:03 PM
I help run a mountain guide business and there is a lot of segmentation information that would be helpful for our company. That said we are slightly limited by our tools to collect and aggregate the data but we have a decent strategy in place. Currently, we collect and segment contacts based on:
- Customer or Prospect (this helps us tailor messaging in email)
- Purchases (there isn't much of a better indicator to tell me what people are interested in than what they spend their money on. We can also use this info to cross-sell similar products when appropriate)
- Birthday (we use this as an opportunity as a casual touchpoint to wish them a happy birthday. Corny but the email has a high open-rate 🤷🏻♂️)
- Email (gotta communicate with folks somehow)
- First/Last name (used regularly for personalization)
- Source (whether it's from our booking system, landing pages, etc. That tells me a couple of things.)
I would like to collect:
Jan 7, 2022 3:29 PM
This would be helpful segmentation information for our company:
Jan 7, 2022 5:24 AM
In my presperstive these are some conatct information that we will need:
Jan 6, 2022 1:43 PM
I'm not sure about the data collection, but it would be beneficial to email more than just the Office Space renters. Targeting our potential and/or current clients that use one or more of our services via email marketing would be great!