Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What contact information is important for your business to capture?

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,010 Replies 1,010
AJimenez8
Participant

The most important contact information for your business to capture for any/all people whether they are leads/potential customers or business associates/acquaintances is obviously their first and last names, the company they work for (if applicable), their mobile phone or home number or work number (if applicable), their email (personal and/or business), their home address if potential customers or business/company work address if they’re associates.
KattieUyenDinh

In my own experience, I think to have a better segmentation, we will need their info (name, age, phone number, email address, their location), their product interest, their buyer level stage, and their behavior with our email / social media so we can better decide which content we should be sent to them.

TPrunyi

Address/region, student grade level, test scores.

PhamThuyHa98
Participant

Right contact community

raginiravi

The business so far collects just the basic information like name and email. It could also consider collecting information about major health issues the customer is facing (since the business deals with health and wellness). This would help to segment the customers much better.

LizKenyon

Contact's business type

Years in business

sector

number of employees

RJansen
Contributor

As a school, we could collect information on both the prospective parents and their child(ren). For the parents it could be for example their language, location (geographics) and values (psychographics) in order to have a conversation in different languages, about travel distance to the school and similarities in our values. For the child and prospective student we could collect information like age and (additional) needs. These would form a solid foundation to build segments and personalize our communication in order to better serve the needs of our contacts

asherrmann
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

We could collect organization type, geographic location, and legislative needs/wants. 

MinaP

they have the needs of what we provide service/product

how much engageable they are

JGassner

Job Title, Location, Category Type (Schools vs Corporate), Company size

PBlessing2
Participant

Our business collects: contact first and last name, location, business name, email and phone number, and where they are in the buyers journey

CAustero

Absolutely! 

Bren08

It can collect info like name, email, or contact number but not limited to these.

ContentStrategy
Participant

Number of Years in Business and Industry Type.

JMena
Participant

For my buiness in particular, the contact information that is most important to cature is which contacts are involved in which ministires. Knowing this information would help me tailor my meails to a targeted audience and meet their needs regarding information, service times, and prayers as addequately as possible. 

ishabehl

inbound segment

AJStein81

As a freelance marketing consultant, I look at each of my client's goals and objectives to create segmented lists.  It could be by title, location, or industry.  As I build my business, I will start with a relatively generic list, and then begin to segment by interest, ie. what they have clicked on in my email campaigns or talked with me about offline.  

JKumari
Contributor

For me and my company, it means sellers who have already bought our service and are satisfied with it. Also, the  small or intermediate level sellers facing difficulty in selling online and can benefit from our service.

MSOLIVA

Explicit data. Such as company name, location, history, size, contact number, and email address.

Dancedad
Contributor

As a startup online directory and following on from the points gathered so far in the course, I'll definitely be using a form to gather name, company, website url and type of service the company provides. I can assign anyone that submits the form a status of being in the consideration phase of the buyer journey and segment  follow up accordingly.

SakshiKesarwani
Participant

Contact management ( first & last name, company profile, email address, geography, company domain, needs, subscriber, or unsubscriber) is the first process to segment into explicit or implicit data that helps to organize the journey of a buyer's persona including the market research through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media and email campaigns.