Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What contact information is important for your business to capture?

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,010 Replies 1,010
TRanoto

Apart from the consumers demographics and geographics infomation collected by my business to allow for more targeted segmentation is psycographic infomation which we collect by means of surveys and questionaires. This infomation allows us to segment consumers by what they are interested in to introduce our interest to the consumer naturally. 

IMArevalo
Participant

Some of the information I deem my business could collect to better segment my emails are the names of the prospective clients, their position, and their company and the services it offers. Moreover, their online behavior is also important since it demonstrates a lot about the services they want to avail of from my business.

nmonroe
Participant

Our business could collect more information based on consumer wants while targetting the appropiate audience such as emailing links to surveys (surveymonkey), coupons based on past purchases and monitoring the users' email engagement.

abhijeetgaurav5

Email segmentation divides people subscribed to your email list into small groups based on similar traits, demographics, or behaviors.
GAwasthi
Participant

Hi Abhijeet,

When you transfer your prospects or leads contact into the CRM, the
contact info that really matters is Name, Email ID, Phone number, Location.

Thank You,
Gaurav
StephC
Participant

We collect career interests and grade levels. Super helpful for segmentation!

GAwasthi
Participant

First, we need to collect the right information of our customers through analyzing and integrating analytics into our email software. 

LMcLean
Contributor

We could better segment our emails in our industry based on geographic location targeting more out of state  interest to increase acceptance rates, high school locations, and interest in higher education.

KSalters
Participant

The information that my business can collect would be demographics, product interest, shopper habits, and buyer level stage.
GNecastro

For my industry and campaign, we segment by job title, region, production rate, and annual number of closed loans.

TMaria
Participant

I would collect contact, contact properties, and the company along with their properties. In addition, I would collect data for the buyer's journey stage. You need to collect the implicit data, which is user behavior information. You could collect the lifecycle stage for the funnel.

CCrisler

Collecting the right information 

CFaya

Right info is the company name, size, type of business, location, contact details and end product. 

DeIslandDudeMic

Our company tracks the interests and behaviors of our subscribers. This way we can provide services and products tailored to them specifically. 

KGarcia1

Great question, our company tracks location. This is inportant for us because we can/will send targeted emails to customers that  live in a certain geographical location. 

KTimms
Contributor

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. This means that you are collecting information based on name, business, email address, and location to help with their buyer's persona and to help to know where they are on the buyer's journey. You can even have an option where the client can select what buyer persona they most identify with. 

LAkers

name, age, locaion, email address, buyers persona (or landing page form), where they are at in the buyers journey. 

bsorden
Participant

Our business collects makes and models of vehicles which is great for segmenting emails.

AAsati

The means of collecting right information is collecting the first name, last name, age group, location, intrests, position in buyer's journey.
NirajDubey
Participant

Audience Name,age, location, behaviour and any contact for nurturing.

Kanta

Email segmentation is more formal and suits for B2B.