Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What contact information is important for your business to capture?

A best practice for a successful segmentation strategy is collecting the right information. What this means is that you are collecting the right information that will help you create the segments for your emails. Keeping this in mind, what information does your business collect (or could it collect) to better segment its emails?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Contact Management and Segmentation Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1 010 Réponses
MiriãPaula
Contributeur

-Name

-Email

-City

-Preferences and interests

mpedone1
Membre

-Name (First & Last)

-Email 

-Phone Number 

-Address 

Sammydigitals
Membre

The contact information that is neccesary for me to capture is:

Names: This will include their first name and last name
Email Address: Most people check in their emils regularly and that is a best way to target them
Phone Number: I will need to call some specific people via calls
Physical Address

NReid1
Participant

At the core, name, email, phone number, Company name, job title, phone numbers and referral source are central.  Enhancing this with information using demographics, feedback, birthdays/ anniversaries, preferences and interests strenghten the database.

PraveenYadav
Membre

1. Name: This is a basic piece of information that helps you address your customers personally in your communications.

2. Email Address: Email is one of the primary channels for communication, marketing, and customer support. It's vital for sending newsletters, promotional offers, order confirmations, and other important messages.

3. Phone Number: Phone numbers are valuable for direct communication, especially for customer support, order verification, and SMS marketing. However, you should ensure you have explicit consent to contact customers via phone.

4. Physical Address: For businesses with a physical presence or e-commerce operations, capturing mailing addresses is important for shipping, billing, and direct mail marketing.

5. Company Name (B2B): If your business serves other businesses, capturing the name of the company is crucial for B2B relationships.

6. Job Title (B2B): In a B2B context, knowing the recipient's job title and role within the company helps with personalization and targeting.

7. Social Media Profiles: Capturing links to social media profiles can be valuable for additional contact and engagement points, as well as gaining insights into a customer's interests and behaviors.

8. Birthday/Anniversary: This information can be used for personalized marketing campaigns, such as birthday discounts and anniversary offers.

9. Interests and Preferences: Gathering data on a customer's interests, product preferences, and purchase history allows you to tailor your marketing messages and offers.

10. Consent Preferences: Ensure you capture and manage consent preferences for marketing communications. This includes obtaining permission to send emails, SMS messages, and other marketing materials.

11. Payment Information: For e-commerce businesses, it's essential to securely capture and store payment information for processing transactions. Implement strong security measures to protect this data.

12. Referral Source: Knowing how a customer found your business (e.g., website, referral, social media, event) can help you understand the effectiveness of your marketing channels.

13. Customer Feedback and Reviews: Encourage customers to provide feedback and reviews, which can help you improve your products or services and build social proof.

14. Demographic Information: Depending on your business, capturing demographic data such as age, gender, location, or income level can help you tailor your marketing efforts.

15. Purchase History: Track and capture data on past purchases, including what products or services were bought, the date of purchase, and order value.

NPizza
Membre

For your business, capturing essential contact information includes names, email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses of customers or prospects. Additionally, gathering preferences and communication channel preferences can help tailor your outreach effectively and enhance customer engagement. 

Visit Us: ny pizza easton ma

EWilliams9
Membre

Age, gender, and purchase history to better cater to the consumer.

SMiller98
Membre

My business should collect people's gender, age, and beauty preferences/areas of interest to better know how to target them for the correct type of injectables. 

NK1990
Membre

Following contact informations are important for our business to capture: 

Name: This helps address the individual personally and keep records organized. Email Address: An essential method of communication for sending updates, newsletters, or responding to inquiries. Phone Number: Useful for more direct communication, such as phone calls or text messages.

tmpial0007
Membre

The contact information that is important for my business to capture depends on the type of business i have and the purpose of my communication. However, some common types of contact information that i may want to collect are:

• Name: This is the most basic and essential information that you need to identify and address your contacts. I may also want to collect the full name, first name, last name, or nickname of my contacts depending on how formal or informal my communication is.
  • Email address: This is a widely used and convenient way to communicate with your contacts, especially for marketing purposes. I can use email to send newsletters, promotions, updates, surveys, and other information to my contacts. I can also segment your email list based on different criteria such as interests, preferences, location, etc.
  • Address: This is an important information if i need to send physical products or documents to my contacts. I may also want to collect the street address, city, state, zip code, or country of my contacts depending on the scope and scale of my business.
  • Position name or title: This is a useful information if i are dealing with business contacts such as employees, vendors, customers, or partners. I can use this information to understand the role and responsibility of your contacts in their organization and tailor my communication accordingly.
  • Business name: This is another useful information if i am dealing with business contacts. I can use this information to identify the company or organization that my contacts belong to and learn more about their industry, size, location, etc.
  • Other information: Depending on the nature and goal of your communication, i may also want to collect other types of information from my contacts such as their birthday, gender, social media profiles, hobbies, interests, preferences, feedback, etc. These information can help me personalizemy communication and build rapport with my contacts.

I can use a contact management software or a spreadsheet template to store and manage all of the contact information that i collect from your contacts.

IanOngaki
Participant

My business collects the following information to better segment its emails:

• Demographics: This includes information such as age, gender, location, and income level. This information can be used to segment emails by demographic groups, such as millennials, women, or high-income earners.
  • Purchase history: This information can be used to segment emails by product or service interests. For example, if a customer has purchased a product from my business, I could send them emails about similar products or services.
  • Website activity: This information can be used to segment emails by interests and behavior. For example, if a customer has visited a specific page on my website, I could send them an email about that page.
  • Email engagement: This information can be used to segment emails by engagement levels. For example, if a customer has opened or clicked on a lot of my emails, I could send them more emails or more personalized emails.

In addition to these four categories, my business could also collect other information to better segment its emails, such as:

• Customer feedback: I could ask customers for feedback on their experiences with my business. This information could be used to segment emails by customer satisfaction levels.
  • Survey data: I could conduct surveys to learn more about my customers' interests and needs. This information could be used to segment emails by customer persona.
  • Social media data: I could collect data from social media platforms to learn more about my customers' interests and activities. This information could be used to segment emails by social media interests.

By collecting the right information, my business can create more targeted and effective email campaigns. This can lead to increased open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.

RTekasala
Participant

I work at a retail store, and we have a loyalty program. When customers sign up for a card we capture their name, postal code. The postal code is important because we want to know what area in the city customers are coming from.

Richer6
Contributeur

Having the right information at the right time and segmenting it content.

ChantelleG
Membre

Purchase history info

Richer6
Contributeur

How do an email becomes an Ads?

Richer6
Contributeur

Why are some emails mark unsafe ?

AbhinavShukla
Membre

My business collects the following information to better segment its emails:

• Demographics: This includes information such as age, gender, location, and income level. This information can be used to segment emails by demographic groups, such as millennials, women, or high-income earners.
  • Purchase history: This information can be used to segment emails by product or service interests. For example, if a customer has purchased a product from my business, I could send them emails about similar products or services.
  • Website activity: This information can be used to segment emails by interests and behavior. For example, if a customer has visited a specific page on my website, I could send them an email about that page.
  • Email engagement: This information can be used to segment emails by engagement levels. For example, if a customer has opened or clicked on a lot of my emails, I could send them more emails or more personalized emails.

In addition to these four categories, my business could also collect other information to better segment its emails, such as:

• Customer feedback: I could ask customers for feedback on their experiences with my business. This information could be used to segment emails by customer satisfaction levels.
  • Survey data: I could conduct surveys to learn more about my customers' interests and needs. This information could be used to segment emails by customer persona.
  • Social media data: I could collect data from social media platforms to learn more about my customers' interests and activities. This information could be used to segment emails by social media interests.

By collecting the right information, my business can create more targeted and effective email campaigns. This can lead to increased open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.

BNikolic3
Membre

Purchase history which helps to detect where the customer is on his customer journey, email engagement, product category in which purchase was made and type of the product

Vojin
Participant

It would be hard to exclude or prioritise certain pieces of data. Every data enables us to create a bigger picture and gather insight on who are we telling the story to. However, there is a certain form of hierarchy involved and I deeply feel like a phone number is still the most valuable piece of information a marketer can get. With customer's consent, you now have access to their most intimate channel and least accessible one. It's not cluttered (like an email usually is) and it could lead to an outstanding conversion rate if used properly.

LSanderson3
Membre

Name, address, demographics, email, preferred contact method