Email Marketing Tool

GLC
Contributor

View Web Version & View Social Sharing

SOLVE

HI,

Is there a way to view the web version of an email in the preview pane or in a test version, without having to send the email?

Also is there a way to view how the social sharing buttons links look when they pull through to FB, twitter or Instagram in the preview pane or on a test email, without having to send the email first?

It is quite annoying having to test the functionality of social sharing by cloning the email and sending an actual email as a test to check, before you can send to customers.

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @GLC are you able to acheive this using the preview function in the email editor? There is an option which allows you to open a web preview of the email in a new tab:

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.09.02 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
icc

SOLVE

I have a similar question, but to use the social sharing buttons you need a URL to point them to. Is there an actual URL that can be shared of a web version of the e-mail? How can I determine that URL for a given e-mail that members of the public will be able to see?

0 Upvotes
icc

SOLVE

Further, when cutting and pasting code for social sharing buttons, they tend to have HTML script tags. These tags get automatically stripped in Hubspot's e-mail, so how can we actually include these sharing buttons? I have been reading the following and they both fail to explicitly show this:

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @GLC are you able to acheive this using the preview function in the email editor? There is an option which allows you to open a web preview of the email in a new tab:

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.09.02 AM.png

0 Upvotes
GLC
Contributor

SOLVE

Ah excellent, yes, that's really helpful. Thankyou! 

0 Upvotes