Email Marketing Tool

GOrtlieb

Sync Companies and Conacts

SOLVE

I deal mostly on a business to business basis so when I imported my address book to HubSpot I imported all to "Companies."  I now want to send a marketing email to all my accounts through the marketing tool but I need my Companies listed under Contacts.  Is there a way to sync Contacts and Companies so I can send out a mass email.  Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @GOrtlieb

The distinction between contacts and companies here is important, there's not a way to "switch" the entity from one to another, and they are considered separate data types within the portal. 

If you already have the appropriate assocaited accounts saved in your CRM as contacts (just without email or some relevant property), you can use the marketing side of the portal to create a workflow that copies company properties into contact properties, but only for existing contacts (you won't be able to make new contacts via a workflow). 

If these individuals don't already exist as contacts in your portal, I think your best bet would be to re-import that file as a "contact" import. This would essentially create "duplicates" of your contacts and companies, but would allow you to email these users through the marketing platform, and might be a better practice moving forward. You may also want to consider deleting the company version of these duplicates, but then you would lose the engagement and timeline data. 

If you don't have that list, you could export your companies from HubSpot and re-upload. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @GOrtlieb

The distinction between contacts and companies here is important, there's not a way to "switch" the entity from one to another, and they are considered separate data types within the portal. 

If you already have the appropriate assocaited accounts saved in your CRM as contacts (just without email or some relevant property), you can use the marketing side of the portal to create a workflow that copies company properties into contact properties, but only for existing contacts (you won't be able to make new contacts via a workflow). 

If these individuals don't already exist as contacts in your portal, I think your best bet would be to re-import that file as a "contact" import. This would essentially create "duplicates" of your contacts and companies, but would allow you to email these users through the marketing platform, and might be a better practice moving forward. You may also want to consider deleting the company version of these duplicates, but then you would lose the engagement and timeline data. 

If you don't have that list, you could export your companies from HubSpot and re-upload. 

0 Upvotes