Email Marketing

Marketer23

Right format for email marketing

Hi,

I am struggling with the format of email marketing. I notice some people put Hi Den, then have a description and sign off with an individual. 

I am sending stuff out in Mailchimp and although you put it from a personalised email address, doesn't it look weird if you can write like it's an individual talking?

Which way is better? Say you are introducing a new product, can you not just leave the individuals email under the from email address but say:

Introducing this new chocolate bar!

A description and benefits 

Then finish with a order today.

I am really getting confused of what is right.

Even in the Hubspot email marketing training the template says hi first name, introducing Service Hub, etc etc, then the CTA learn more and then tell me what you think or any questions you have but then doesn't sign off with an individual?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
andrus
Top Contributor

As always, it depends. What is the message and/or call-to-action of the email? And are you a megacorporation or a small business? 

For newsletters / promo emails from large companies it doesn't usually make sense to make the email personal. 

But if you're a small business, or if the call-to-action of the email is to reply and give feedback rather than buy a widget, you'd better make the email as personal as possible (eg. sent from "Joel from Buffer", with reply-to address that Joel would actually be able to access and a headshot).

If you added some more context, you'll probably get a more specific answer here.

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for reaching out @Marketer23. I recommend having an email come from someone (a plus if you're able to add a headshot). This will make your email more personalized. 

0 Upvotes