Email Marketing Tool

VickyH

Password protecting/ hiding emails from other HubSpot company users

SOLVE

I need to send out a confidential email via HubSpot - but I need to be able to restrict access of some of the team from being able to see the email. HubSpot doesn't currently allow for emails to be able to be hidden/ password protected etc - but I need this urgently. 

Please can you advise?

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q:  I need to be able to restrict access of some of the team from being able to see [a HubSpot] email. HubSpot doesn't currently allow for emails to be able to be hidden/ password protected etc - but I need this urgently.

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Hi @VickyH,

If you can share a little more detail perhaps we can help with suggestions. That being said, I seriously doubt any of those suggestions will include using HubSpot to complete the send. There's simply no functionality within either the sales or marketing tools that can guarantee that level of granular privacy.

- We talking sales email from HubSpot Sales Pro or a Marketing email from the marketing tool?

- About how many contacts do you need to send to? Hundreds? Thousands? More? (ballpark is ok)

- What's your send timeframe?

Best recommendation for a small number of contacts (a few hundred) without knowing answers to the above would be to export a smart list of target contacts and send outside of HubSpot.

If the email send is larger and needs any real level of personalization, you may wish to deploy by temporarily using another platform for this send. Many platforms offer month-to-month options.

Finally, even though it wouldn't be quick, it wouldn't hurt to ask your HubSpot account manager for help. Maybe they'd be willing to spin you up a short-term HubSpot Marketing Basic account to help solve your pain. That way, you'd be able to use much of the functionality with which you're already familiar.

[Doubtful, but you'll never know unless you ask.]

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q:  I need to be able to restrict access of some of the team from being able to see [a HubSpot] email. HubSpot doesn't currently allow for emails to be able to be hidden/ password protected etc - but I need this urgently.

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Hi @VickyH,

If you can share a little more detail perhaps we can help with suggestions. That being said, I seriously doubt any of those suggestions will include using HubSpot to complete the send. There's simply no functionality within either the sales or marketing tools that can guarantee that level of granular privacy.

- We talking sales email from HubSpot Sales Pro or a Marketing email from the marketing tool?

- About how many contacts do you need to send to? Hundreds? Thousands? More? (ballpark is ok)

- What's your send timeframe?

Best recommendation for a small number of contacts (a few hundred) without knowing answers to the above would be to export a smart list of target contacts and send outside of HubSpot.

If the email send is larger and needs any real level of personalization, you may wish to deploy by temporarily using another platform for this send. Many platforms offer month-to-month options.

Finally, even though it wouldn't be quick, it wouldn't hurt to ask your HubSpot account manager for help. Maybe they'd be willing to spin you up a short-term HubSpot Marketing Basic account to help solve your pain. That way, you'd be able to use much of the functionality with which you're already familiar.

[Doubtful, but you'll never know unless you ask.]

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
VickyH

SOLVE

Hi Frank - it's a marketing email and it's not the issue around sending, it's that I want to be able to restrict access to some of our internal team who use HubSpot and who also use the HubSpot marketing email functionality. 

Thanks for your response. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi @VickyH
>...it's not the issue around sending, it's that I want to be able to restrict access to some of our internal team who use HubSpot and who also use the HubSpot marketing email functionality.

I get that. However, what's the point of creating an email in HS if it's not to 'send'? Hence, the reason for my focus on sending.

As indicated earlier, no built-in HS functionality to restrict access on a per-email basis. And, no non-HS solutions (we know of) that would yield a similar result.

Good luck with your project.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
kpeterson1
Participant

SOLVE

Are there any best practices that exist for sales and marketing teams around privacy and sending/sharing/and being okay with team members to see all the emails you send to various contacts?

I am referring to one-on- one emails that don't contain 'private' information per se but practices that allow a team to feel comfortable with sharing their communications within the team freely but also not worrying that others are scrutinzing the emails they send to various contacts. 

Is it 'normal' to have everyone able to see everyone else's emails? 

I know how to set up all the permissions....that's not the question....it's what is best practice. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes