Email Marketing Tool

auto_mate
Contributor

New changes to Hubspot Owner - how will it affect signature personalization?

SOLVE

So, based on this https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/heads-up-were-changing-the-name-of-the-hubspot-owner-propert... ...there's now going to be Contact Owner, Company Owner, Deal Owner and Ticket Owner.

That's great... I will use this straight away in SF integrations.

But, right now I am using Hubspot Owner signature personalization in emails... please tell me we will now have the option to use signature personalization for all 4 owner types... please????

1 Accepted solution
agirard
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello! 

So this change is purely a cosmetic change to the existing HubSpot owner property across all objects in HubSpot. For example, the deal property "HubSpot Owner" will now be called "Deal Owner." With this change, there is no new functionality - we're simply hoping to avoid confusion by having five properties across different objects called "HubSpot Owner."

In the short term, the owner signature personalization will remain the same. In the future, we hope to expand this out to include other objects like, deals.

Let me know if I can clarify further!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@agirard are you able to comment on this further?

agirard
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello! 

So this change is purely a cosmetic change to the existing HubSpot owner property across all objects in HubSpot. For example, the deal property "HubSpot Owner" will now be called "Deal Owner." With this change, there is no new functionality - we're simply hoping to avoid confusion by having five properties across different objects called "HubSpot Owner."

In the short term, the owner signature personalization will remain the same. In the future, we hope to expand this out to include other objects like, deals.

Let me know if I can clarify further!

bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@agirard, are you saying that, when the change is made, HubSpot will know which object applies to legacy owner personalization tokens? Will it figure out in context whether we're referring to a contact/company/deal, and retroactively apply the new owner label? 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

At the point in time, the only owner property that has a personalization token is the Contact Owner property. As a result, we won't be able to retroactively change anything if/when we make a change to support deal/company owner personalization.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks. So what will the prescribed action be when the new property rolls out? Will users be required to go back and update existing personalization tokens where Contact Owner is used? 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin, I appreciate the enthusiasm you're showing for this feature request. If and when this update is made, appropriate documentation and resources will be made available for this.