Email Marketing Tool

dustindetorres

Is there a way to add multiple names from a list into an automated email?

SOLVE

We want to send out a birthday email each month to select contacts that match the Birthday (date picker) custom field. Is it possible to add just those people into the email? For example, in July, we would want the short list of 25 people to be listed that have birthdays in July. etc etc. Any info will be appreciated! 

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@dustinexcel the process of writing the email and putting the names into the email would need to be done manually. You can create a list using the criteria "birthday is between 7/1 and 7/31" and then know which contacts will need to be included in the email body, however there is no way to automatically have those names put into the email. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @dustindetorres this is possible using the Workflows tool - available for Marketing Professional and Enterprise customers. 

Check out this article and let me know if you have any further questions: How can I send my contacts an automated email on their birthday?

If you do not have access to this tool you will need to build custom lists to enroll in emails. 

0 Upvotes
dustinexcel
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! I'm actually trying to add multiple people....that have the birthdays...into the email. For example: 

"Happy birthday to everyone in July! 

John Smith

Harry Pitts

Ronald Reagan"

etc etc

Understand? 

0 Upvotes
dustinexcel
Participant

SOLVE

Hello?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@dustinexcel the process of writing the email and putting the names into the email would need to be done manually. You can create a list using the criteria "birthday is between 7/1 and 7/31" and then know which contacts will need to be included in the email body, however there is no way to automatically have those names put into the email. 

JKrall
Participant

SOLVE

Not exactly true. You cannot select a date without a year. Meaning everyone between the years selected will show on the list. 7/23/1959-8/23/2022 and that's basically everyone. Any other solution ideas? 

0 Upvotes
lorimankin
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Wish there was a way to automate. Sure a lot of businesses would leverage it.

0 Upvotes
GRF

SOLVE

I have tried to request "between 06/01 and 06/30" and it forces the year "2018" into the criteria.

You said it could be done.  Please explain how.