Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

In your opinion, what's a successful layout for a high-performing email?

High-performing emails are focused on taking the essential parts of an email and making sure they are optimized to drive your contacts toward your specific goal. In your opinion, describe what a successful marketing email template looks like.

Extra credit: If you have an example to share (whether it be a drawing or screenshot), please upload it.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a High-Performing Email lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,072 Replies 1,072
AVokes0

Keep the email simple, to the point, and have a purpose and/or goal.

0 Upvotes
Shubham2001

Write with clarity, with purpose & with primary goal

0 Upvotes
ErickRezende
Participant

The CTA should direct to the goal.

0 Upvotes
SGazbare
Participant

A high performing email needs to be writtten with a goal in mind reason being what is the purpose of the email. 

The email format needs to have a To and From address . Secondly a Subject line which will provide the receiver in a glance what is the email about. Thirdly the email needs to have a proper body with describing the matter. It will also have a picture so that the viewer gets a quick idea what the email is about. For example if the purpose of the email is of a new gadget being lauched in the market a picture of the gadget makes sence. Lastly the email needs to have a proper footer with the name and designation and company name of the sender. 

irfangul
Participant

A successful layout for a high-performing email should be visually appealing, easy to scan, and focused on a clear message or call-to-action (CTA).

The layout should start with a strong subject line that captures the recipient's attention and entices them to open the email. The opening should be engaging and compelling, with a clear value proposition conveying the benefits of the product or service.

The email should also have a clear and prominent CTA that directs the recipient to take a specific action, such as making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or visiting a website. The CTA should be prominently placed and visually distinct from the rest of the content so that it is easily noticeable and easy to click.

In terms of design, the layout should be visually appealing and easy to read, with a clear hierarchy of information and a balanced use of images and text. The email should also be optimized for mobile devices since many recipients will be reading emails on their smartphones.

In general, a successful email layout should be focused on a clear message, with a prominent CTA that directs the recipient to the desired goal, whether it is to make a purchase or take some other action.

MedAbbadi

A successful layout for a high-performing email would include a catchy subject line that makes the contact curious, followed by a preview text that does not surpass 50 characters. It is important to create trust by having the name of the sender included and by sending the emails with a company email. It is also important to take into account the buyer persona and at what stage in the buyer journey the contact is, because the content has to be adapted accordingly to that stage. The most important thing in a high-performing email however is the CTA that drives the contact from the inbox to whatever phase you want them to reach.

MChiwetalu

A successful marketing template will first have a goal, a good subject line and preview text.The CTA must also be something enticing

0 Upvotes
Hubspot22
Participant

What is CTA mean???

0 Upvotes
MSmith01

Call to Action

0 Upvotes
RMateo8
Participant

thank you so much for this free training course!

0 Upvotes
ARhoda

A concise goal for each email is important. An engaging subject title too. 

0 Upvotes
jmdiamond76
Contributor

most importantly, a clear goal.  and a clear navigation to the call to action.

0 Upvotes
MAkramova

It should contain the following elements like defining the email goal, clear subject line, short email that includes engagement, segmentation of contacts, and clear CTA. 

0 Upvotes
AChrischilles

As someone who isn't very experienced in email marketing, I am speaking from my own experience receiving marketing emails. 

I think one thing I like to see in the format of an email is the company's logo at the top, with a familiar layout/design that I am used to seeing on their app, social media, website, etc. With spam emails so frequent these days, I usually don't like to click on any links in an email unless I am 100% sure I can trust the source of the email.

Another thing I think makes a high performing email is one where you don't have to scroll very much. Sometimes we get too creative or try to include too much info where we either distract from our call to action, or we burry it. Emails need to be quick and straight to the point. I want an email to accomplish one goal for me, not give me so many options.

In this lesson, I wasn't familiar with different email layouts/templates. I didn't fully realize you could have different columns. I think that since a lot of users are looking at emails on a phone, emails should stick to one or two columns at most, to help not overwhelm the space of the email.

asadshaheen

should be readable in under 15 seconds.

AnForero

The ideal design is to follow and maintain an AIDA model as a structure.

1. Contain a subject line, short and concise. Since many people open the email from their mobile device, then we must generate interest for the client to enter our email.

2. Directed personally to the contact, that is humanized, that is, that it goes specifically with the name of the client and not general.

3. The text must attract the interest of the client. In this part we must have a call to action.

4. The content and information must be direct and to the point of what is meant. The more specific we are in the email, the easier it is for the reader.

0 Upvotes
GreenV10
Contributor

I think that you should consider the following: 

-Define the email goal. 

- Clear subject line.

- Short email that includes engagement. 

- Segmentation of your contacts. 

- Clear CTA. 

AVernon7

The email should be concise and every element should be written with your goal in mind. Subject line to capture the reader is first step to getting them to open and follow-through with your CTA. 

0 Upvotes
Joo

A successful email marketing template focused on driving engagement with your contact to actualized your CTA.

0 Upvotes
TCuervo
Participant

The cleaner the template the better and the clearner the message the better with a CTA clearly and positioned properly so they can take the appropriate action of  the email.

0 Upvotes
ahmedsohail21
Participant

The Two themes of High performing emails:-

1. Selecting the right goal.

2. Optimizing each part of your email to drive conversions.

The email should be short, sweet, and appropriate it should show the goal of the senders.

0 Upvotes